Avicularia avicularia Juvenile

WadeWorth

Arachnopeon
Check out my set up for my juvenile Avic Avic . How’s it look , advice etc please !!!! You can see her poking out of the hide she seems to like , she ate off the tongs and seems great so far .More curious of her new digs !

Attachments

Last edited:

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Its a really nice enclosure. But for that size of T it looks really big. It wont hurt it or anything, it just might make feeding it a little difficult.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Check out my set up for my juvenile Avic Avic . How’s it look , advice etc please !!!! You can see her poking out of the hide she seems to like , she ate off the tongs and seems great so far .More curious of her new digs !
I would move all of the leaves to the top half of the enclosure and then add some more leaves in the top half. Avics love leafy clutter and will use it for webbing and cover.

Clutter on the ground just gives feeders a place to hide. (A healthy Avic will spend little or no time on the ground.)

Although not everyone agrees that that screen/mesh lids are hazardous for arboreals, I would personally replace or cover it. Tarsal claws can get stuck in mesh, which puts the tarantula at risk of amputating a limb and/or falling while trying to free itself.

WadeWorth

Arachnopeon
Thanks , I appreciate the tips . I will be either covering the mesh or replacing it eventually , but does that happen often ?? Or just a chance ? Also I will get a better branch/leafy set up on the top side next trip to the shop . So far eating with no issues every 4 days :)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Thanks , I appreciate the tips . I will be either covering the mesh or replacing it eventually , but does that happen often ?? Or just a chance ?
Until I covered the mesh in my Avic's enclosure, she would climb up there on a regular basis. I never saw that she hurt herself or got hopelessly stuck, but it did look like she sometimes struggled to separate her feet from the mesh.

WadeWorth

Arachnopeon
Another question , I know they shoot poop but do they shoot everytime to just go to the bathroom ? Or is it always stress always threat ? Went to look at the tank tonight and there’s a shot on the door , clear and white poop .

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Another question , I know they shoot poop but do they shoot everytime to just go to the bathroom ? Or is it always stress always threat ? Went to look at the tank tonight and there’s a shot on the door , clear and white poop .
That's typical -- they don't just fire their butt cannons when threatened.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Only a start, need to add more foliage, need to remove screen or rather cover it with acrylic underneath. My A sp metallica would get stuck in the screen.