Avic.Purpurea Sp Colombia question

codicez

Arachnosquire
Hi guys! How are you ?

Here to just ask you a question about the Avicularia Purpurea SP Colombia.

I have her since December and she made this nice tunnel behind the CorkBar... Now my question is, should I expect her in premolt when she kept her self inside without coming out?
Is this a rule for the all Avicularia? When they are inside their tunnel hiding are in premolt, when you can see them out ,webbing or chilling where they left open the web it means that they are looking for food ?I normally goes with this rule,I got an caribena versicolor,Avic braunshauseni &nd her.

Reason why I don' t want to risk to pop a cricket in if she is in premolt, if the cricket goes inside her tunnel is gonna be difficult for me to take him out.
Many thanks

IMG_20180619_130950.jpg

IMG_20180619_130956.jpg

IMG_20180619_131010.jpg
Many thanks!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If it has sealed all of the entrances to the web tunnel up then it could be in pre-moult, if they are still open then it's probably just hiding.

Avicularia sp. 'Colombia' is a morphotype of Avicularia purpurea so you can just call it Avicularia purpurea by the way.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have an Avicularia purpurea female and a male and female Avicularia sp. Colombia. All three have 'L' shaped web tubes that go right down to the bottom of the enclosure and they stay there for the most part... even when they are not in pre-moult.
I put the cricket in and they eventually find it. I don't purposely drop it into their web tube.