Avic kwitara threat pose

92qwerty

Arachnopeon
this is a 5 1/2 inch or so female avic kwitara, not had her long but not fed for 2 weeks or so , just seen her close to the bottom of her enclosure hunting ( or so i thought). So offered her a super worm, only to get a very nice threat pose. I thought this species was docile, guess i got a sassy lady.
Has any one else seen this with them or is mine just broken? Lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Every Theraphosidae is able to surprise you with a threat pose, one day or another. Yes, the genus is by no doubts a pretty calmer one, but you know, terms like "docile" needs always the " ", if you ask me, for that they are and remains pure instinct eight legged buggers :playful:

Btw v
this is a 5 1/2 inch or so female avic kwitara
But there's no pics, it's a pure 'imagine the spider' thread, ih ih :kiss:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I thought this species was docile
"Get a Brachypelma hamorii" They said...
"They're docile and pettable" They said...

They're all individuals and don't always conform to the "general disposition" of the species, disposition can also change at any time or from moult to moult.

92qwerty

Arachnopeon
Dam, wish i got a pic of it now. I never think to take a pic im usually too busy staring at them.

Oh dear grim reaper, now thats a broken hamorii haha. My hamorii is a lovely specimin of adorable cuteness, wish i could say that about the avic miss moody pants .

Guess i need to learn to get snap happy again with the t’s , thought id past that stage when the kids grew up

buzz182

Arachnosquire
Sounds like it is broken. If you want to send it my way I will make sure it is well looked after.;)