Avic Housing

Edhaines

Arachnopeon
What's the best tank for a aviculara aviculara pink toe she's about 4 inches and is in a large critter keeper at the moment ik it's not the best but is ok for now, but what would be best not looking to spend a ton nothing over 50$

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
That's absolutely fine, enough room and good vent....the setup itself is important as well though, share some pics. I know two breeders that have raised/bred this genus in those enclosures with great success.

You can use sterilite tubs as Neil suggetsed, just as good and much cheaper. You'll need to make sure there's plenty of cross vent though.

Edhaines

Arachnopeon
That's absolutely fine, enough room and good vent....the setup itself is important as well though, share some pics. I know two breeders that have raised/bred this genus in those enclosures with great success.

You can use sterilite tubs as Neil suggetsed, just as good and much cheaper. You'll need to make sure there's plenty of cross vent though.
I know I know she needs a better hide I ordered a cork bark tube yesterday and some plants and idk why just she's very slow yet looks healthy

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I know I know she needs a better hide I ordered a cork bark tube yesterday and some plants and idk why just she's very slow yet looks healthy
It will do well in there for some time, you don't really need to rehouse tbh. More cover would be good.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Could you send a picture
The left side on ever shelf as well as far right on the lower two shelves. Top one has my AF (hopefully gravid) A. avicularia in it.
IMG_0858.JPG

Sorry. Just got to work and don't have a good picture.

iirc @cold blood uses them and probably has a picture handy....

Edhaines

Arachnopeon
What's the question lol?
I've noticed she's slow doesn't Moe very fast at all yet will move fluidly like nothing is wrong she doesn't get scared or bolt when I open her keeper is something wrong I got her yesterday she doesn't web just stays put and moved very little she's feed and looks healthy should I be worried I've seen her mpve move fast 1 time has used the bathroom twice and is perfectly fine looking yet I'd this is my first Tarantula I'm used to the scorpions more than tarantula even tho I've done hours and hours of research on them she has a small bald spot on the abdomen yet I don't think she's molting

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
They can flick hairs so that might cause the bald spot to. Sometimes mine barely move, other times they don't stop moving for a while checking out their enclosures.

Edhaines

Arachnopeon
They can flick hairs so that might cause the bald spot to. Sometimes mine barely move, other times they don't stop moving for a while checking out their enclosures.
Thanks alot yet mine doesn't flick hairs no matter what from handing to matinence or disturbance she won't flick them

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've noticed she's slow doesn't Moe very fast at all yet will move fluidly like nothing is wrong she doesn't get scared or bolt when I open her keeper is something wrong I got her yesterday she doesn't web just stays put and moved very little she's feed and looks healthy should I be worried I've seen her mpve move fast 1 time has used the bathroom twice and is perfectly fine looking yet I'd this is my first Tarantula I'm used to the scorpions more than tarantula even tho I've done hours and hours of research on them she has a small bald spot on the abdomen yet I don't think she's molting
She is in a brand new environment... it takes time for them to settle in. Don't get complacent and think she can't/won't suddenly bolt before you can blink. Don't ever handle her... tarantulas are on par with fish in the "Look but don't touch" pet category - taking them out of their enclosure is not safe for them.

Edhaines

Arachnopeon
She is in a brand new environment... it takes time for them to settle in. Don't get complacent and think she can't/won't suddenly bolt before you can blink. Don't ever handle her... tarantulas are on par with fish in the "Look but don't touch" pet category - taking them out of their enclosure is not safe for them.
Does this mean when she's comfortable she will start to web