Avic avic not eating

Johnthibert1989

Arachnopeon
I have a juvie avic avic that has been refusing food for a while now. Was 32 days hungry premolt and now 18 days postmolt it looks hardened but runs from food. Im concerned because the abdomen looks pretty small. Any comments or suggestions?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
When my adult female went about a month post molt without eating, I finally got her to eat with a Madagascan hissing cockroach. I think what triggered it for her was the fact that it could climb the walls

codicez

Arachnosquire
I got an Avic Purpurea SP Colombia.... She is a sling,I used to feed her with Bean Weevil...After molt she didn't accept any Mealworm, Run away from them... she just took once a fruit flies... What I have done is killd a cricket and left in the evening on a fake leaf next to her hide... I woke up and the cricket was in her hide... Went to work , came back in the evening and the cricket was on the substrate gnawed :D

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Does she have a good web? I have had luck putting dead crickets on my C versicolor's web. Other than what others have said, I would just make sure she was a full water bowl and great ventilation. My Versicolors are kind of timid too so I try not to disturb them very often