Genus Augacephalus

t-lover

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is that the golden baboon tarantula i think i have seen this t befor once stated as the rarest t in the world

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i googled "golden baboon tarantula" and got P. murinus. which is neither what my T is nor rare by any measure.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sp. "Mozambique"

tell me that she isn't a beautiful T. i dare ya :D

Rob K

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
she isnt beautiful!!;)

just kidding.

any way nice T you have there. are there temperments anythinglike P. murinus? if so i gotta get some!

Oasis Inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Augacephalus sp. "Mozambique Sling

I have a bunch of these lil guys.........There growing like weeds

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine hasn't ever thrown me a defense posture, but she does tend to jump off the side of her KK (like a spaz) and scurry towards the vertical log hide whenever i touch the enclosure. very well behaved for an OW, that pic is one of a whole bunch i took while the lid was off. but i wouldn't doubt there are ones with a little more fight in them, since they are still an African species.

Scolaratari

Arachnopeon
Yeah I've seen these, our conservation here is super paranoid and protective about native species even within our borders.

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I've seen these, our conservation here is super paranoid and protective about native species even within our borders.
With good reason if you see how many have been illegally exported to Europe and elsewhere.
There have never been legal exports out of SA that I know of, so most if not all of the adult females are wild caught and illegally exported.

Hrothgar

Arachnopeon
The female A junodii has a deepish burrow and often has a number of young living with her until they are large enough to move away and dig their own burrows, often quite close by.

Attachments