Genus Augacephalus

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
She shed a couple of weeks ago and decided to come out and show off. Had to snap some pics while she was in the mood :D

Should have gone outside but I didnt want her to run back down into her burrow. The lighting isnt so good... but she sure is purty!! :D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Thanks :D The hard part will be finding her a boy friend when she matures. Id love to attempt to breed her! She looks so ferocious but shes really quite mellow. There should be more of these in the hobby!

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks The hard part will be finding her a boy friend when she matures.
I'd say she's mature already! Probably was before this molt even.

Nice looking girl :)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Insanely beautiful spider You got! Everytime I see a pic of one of those is like another session of torture! :mad:

Lovely. :)

Gary

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
yeah she is really good looking T, i wish they were more readily available.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Thanks all, I am very stunned everytime she makes her appearance. Shes just amazing!! The great part is, I got her as a C. marshalli when she was nothing but a speck! For $10!!!!!!! I feel very VERY lucky!

GoTerps... Shes about 3" maybe 3.5" Would that be mature?? I got the idea they were mature when their leg span was closer to 5" (maybe my informant was wrong) I know the males are just rediculously small! The body length of the male is .5" to .75" WOW That would be a daunting job to service a HUGE ole female when your just a wee bit of nothing :D

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
GoTerps... Shes about 3" maybe 3.5" Would that be mature?? I got the idea they were mature when their leg span was closer to 5" (maybe my informant was wrong) I know the males are just rediculously small! The body length of the male is .5" to .75" WOW That would be a daunting job to service a HUGE ole female when your just a wee bit of nothing
First let me say I don't keep this species... however, there's no doubt in my mind that she is mature. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the she was mature at 2".

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice looking specimen there Hag :) . Don't tell it that you like sowbugs better...LOL :D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
BRIAN!!! I WOULD NEVER TELL HER THAT!!!! She would pyne away! Hows that tic infestation anyway??

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OldHag said:
Thanks all, I am very stunned everytime she makes her appearance. Shes just amazing!! The great part is, I got her as a C. marshalli when she was nothing but a speck! For $10!!!!!!! I feel very VERY lucky!

GoTerps... Shes about 3" maybe 3.5" Would that be mature?? I got the idea they were mature when their leg span was closer to 5" (maybe my informant was wrong) I know the males are just rediculously small! The body length of the male is .5" to .75" WOW That would be a daunting job to service a HUGE ole female when your just a wee bit of nothing :D
if she is in the Harpactinae sub-family a lot of genus/species mature at suprisingly small size it seems like.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I got out my Arachnoculture mag (1st issue) where they have the article on the junodi. The authors largest female has a body length (not leg length) of 2.5" (his other is 2.4) My females body length is just 1.5" So shes still a young lady :D Ill give her anther molt or two then start actively looking for a male. If one happens to pop up in the mean time I will take advantage of it, of course.

Brachy--I love her eyes too :D

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My females body length is just 1.5" So shes still a young lady Ill give her anther molt or two then start actively looking for a male.
Hi,

your female is quite mature (harpactirinae mature in smaller size than the most think). - To find a male will be very difficult, cause the males are very very little (i saw adult male of this species in "real" with a bodylengh of about 1,5 - 2 cm !!!).
They looks VERY different to the females. They have no thicked legs and they lack tibial spurs !!!

Hope i could help you.

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
if she is in the Harpactinae sub-family a lot of genus/species mature at suprisingly small size it seems like.
Indeed, I've had a fresh import P. lugardi who has laid eggs already and is roughly 3.5 inches. Survivors for sure.

And not to forget, beautiful spider Hag. Whish I could get so lucky

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats on this addition Spider man. Cant wait to have my own Augacephalus ...