Genus Augacephalus

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Snapped some photos of my 3" sub-adult female Augacephalus breyerii and thought I would share and start this thread.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are beautiful, Dwayne. I love those turquoise feet!

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
galeogirl said:
Those are beautiful, Dwayne. I love those turquoise feet!
Thanks! I really like the 3 middle photos. You can thanks my flashlight for bringing out that beautiful rainbow color. It took precision aiming, lol.

She's in pre-molt too, if you can notice. ;)

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you just have the one or are you setting up a breeding group?

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
galeogirl said:
Do you just have the one or are you setting up a breeding group?
She's the only one I got. I would LOVE to breed this species!!! I am guessing she will be mature or close to it after her next molt. As far as I know, I have not seen any males of this species available in the states, but if anyone has a male of this species, let's get it on!

Last edited:

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, it's hard to find males for a lot of these OW t species. Put the call out, though, somebody needs to be the first to produce captive-bred babies so that they're more available to everybody.

You're probably not coming down for the show in Portland this weekend, are you?

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
galeogirl said:
Yeah, it's hard to find males for a lot of these OW t species. Put the call out, though, somebody needs to be the first to produce captive-bred babies so that they're more available to everybody.

You're probably not coming down for the show in Portland this weekend, are you?
Ohhh, how I would love to be the first! Has there been a sac hatched here in the states??

No, I am not coming down this weekend, though I would LOVE to. I have midterms, 5 of them to be exact (GO ME! ;) ), next week and I really should study and do my homework. At least that's what a good student does, lol.

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am starting to believe that this may possiblly be an A. junodi. According the article in the first issue of Arachnoculture :), she has the characterestics of one from what I can tell.

Any ideas?

MUNG!!!

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have no idea what it could be... but i did have a dream that I owned one and it loved ie cream if that helps.... :D

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you know how to edit posts? And no, ice cream doesn't help me. ;P

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Is that A. breyeri? They are really hard to find aren't they? Gorgeous spider, and picture!

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, that's beautiful. It has the same pattern on it's abdomen like my (or any) female H. maculata :D

Rob1985

This user has no status.
That is an impressive T!!!! :drool: How much to they cost for that size?

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great, Great, Great pic. And lovely Spider. Love the markings.

How's the attitude? Aggresive - Mellow?

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for the comments.
as far as behaviour is concerned, its weird, it is so docile it's unbelievable, and a scaredy cat too.

cost wise, by the time the taxes went on it was around $55CDN, i could have probably gotten it cheaper, but i was stunned enough to see it there, i wanted it before anyone else got their hands on it :D

it's mine, all mine i tell you! muwahahahaha

oh, btw it's a junodi :D