Augacephalus ID Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I bought this T. a year ago from a reptile dealer with no clue on T.'s, the T. was labeled A. ezendami and it is wild caught from what he said when I bought her for 20$. She recently just freshly molted a day ago and is confirmed female around 4''-4.5''. But I just want to be sure it is a A. ezendami before i breed her, because I need to be sure what species she is.
IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0351.JPG

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That's a really low price even compared to European prices.
I hope males are more in the hobby over there than they are here!

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Anyway you can get an underside shot of her? Most of the differences between the three Augacephalus species are on the underside. could use a well lit shot of its sternum, basically to see how hairy it is.

From the pics I think we can rule out A. breyeri from the orange setae on the underside of the femurs of the front pairs of legs...

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
For future reference, requests to identify a tarantula's species should be uploaded in the Tarantula Identification gallery, not posted on the forum.

1. Click the above link.
  2. Click "Add Media" (near the upper-right corner).
  3. Select "Upload an image from your files" (should be selected by default).
  4. Click "Upload Image."
  5. Select the image file on your computer or phone.
  6. Add a title (preferably including the name yo were give, if any) and description.
  7. Click "Save Media."

If you have multiple images of the same tarantula, the best way to handle that is post a comment on your first image with thumbnail links to the additional images.

How to embed images in comments (I recommend using the thumbnail option):
  1. Open the image (in Arachnoboards) that you want to embed.
  2. Copy the code in "Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code" or "Share BB GALLERY Code." (Both of these options allow the user to click the image for a link to the source.)
  3. Paste the code where you want the image to be in your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.