Augacephalus ezendami or junodi?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Update:
Due to unexpected birthday money i will be getting both after all!:smug::smug::smug:
And two P.regius, my first true spiders. Very excited, i'm expecting all of them this week so i can build and decorate new enclosures.
I'm so happy i didn't have to make a choice :):):)

creepa

Arachnoknight
Update:
Due to unexpected birthday money i will be getting both after all!:smug::smug::smug:
And two P.regius, my first true spiders. Very excited, i'm expecting all of them this week so i can build and decorate new enclosures.
I'm so happy i didn't have to make a choice :):):)
What did i say, i cant remember...??

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Jup. That crossed my mind as i placed the orders....'darn it...someone's going to have good laugh at this' :D

At that time though i didn't have the funds ;)
So excited for you that you can actually get both! Can't wait to see their photos! :D

creepa

Arachnoknight
Jup. That crossed my mind as i placed the orders....'darn it...someone's going to have good laugh at this' :D

At that time though i didn't have the funds ;)

Better late then never but happy birthday sweetheart...!:kiss:

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Thank you!

@Madmomgamer
Yeah...don't hold your breath for the pics...i have a potato cam :shifty:
But that is because i keep buying other things instead of a camera
:angelic:
If you have a phone that's what I use? I think I read a thread that most cameras on phones work great as long as you got the right lighting! So I will Hold my breath *takes a deep breath* =D

Edit+++

Also Happy Birthday! ^_^

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Been a little busy elsewhere, but my A.junodi has arrived safe and sound. And skittish. Did I mention skittish? She literally ran from travelcup to enclosure, decided she'd just do laps in there before settling down in one corner. My GBB aren't this skittish, jeez. Next day she burrowed straight down, along with a couple of mealies I threw in. So...sorry guys, no pics of her yet.

The P.regius are too tiny for my potato phone cam, so no pics of those as well. I was worrying the entire time housing those two slings because they are like 3mm legspan, and thus are extremely easy to inadvertently squish. They also reacted completely different to me coaxing them into their vials than my Theraphosidae do. If I prepare to touch a back leg of a T, it will notice and move only when I am actually almost touching said leg.
Not so with my jumpers. They see me coming and just jump on my (tiny as well) brush and continue to just walk towards me. Really funny but I was scared as hell that I would crush them. Feeding is more difficult as well when they're this small. But they grow fast, fortunately. Can't wait for them to be big enough to safely handle, especially when they are curious like that. :)

My A.ezendami will arrive next week or so, she is busy with recovering from a molt and will come my way when fully hardened and had a good meal. :)

Pmuticus704

Arachnopeon
Just got a male A. ezendami that has hooked out at 1.5 inches... I hope he can do the job with my 4.5 inch female... incredible the size difference.. I knew A. junodi had small males but I was not expecting it from A. ezendami. I assume this is normal for this species as well... I have noticed larger males on some youtube mating videos.
Just putting this out there to see if others have had MM males of this species.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Just got a male A. ezendami that has hooked out at 1.5 inches... I hope he can do the job with my 4.5 inch female... incredible the size difference.. I knew A. junodi had small males but I was not expecting it from A. ezendami. I assume this is normal for this species as well... I have noticed larger males on some youtube mating videos.
Just putting this out there to see if others have had MM males of this species.
From what I've gathered, those small males do just fine.
I was thinking when I saw a mating vid of junodi that maybe those small males actually had it more easy. Larger males need to bend themselves and the females in Kama Sutra-like positions to get a good insertion. The male I saw in the vid just needed to go stand on its back legs and reach up a bit to insert his palps. Of course, this might make it more tricky for him not to get eaten, but still. But from the videos I've seen, it seems like the females of A.junodi and ezendami are quite calm with their boys. Not sure if this is true for all though, temperament varies between individuals of course.