Atlas moth story very funny

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have got a great story for u all haven't gotten around to posting it

about 4 or 5 years ago i was in isreal getting ready to go to my cousins wedding by accedent i put too much cologne on and if u know that female moths attract male moths using a special perfume and that malls use there antenne to smell the air with great perscision,so suddenly while were waiting to go into the temple i see this bird like thing coming at me so i say dad look at that big bat flying right at us(i had heard there were lots of bats there)so i stand there awestruck and bam it smacks me right in the face knocking me to the floor i get up to look and i can't see cause i have this big moth sitting on my face so i pull it off my face and handle it a while and then i let it go it must have been the size of my head(lol)

mike

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It is doubtful that it was in fact an atlas moth (Attacus atlas) since all of the members of this genus are native to and/or are found in southeast asia south to Australia. You may have seen a Saturnia pyri "the great peacock moth" or another member of that genus. Saturnia are found in Isreal.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
hahaha, nice story, that'll teach you not to use too much cologne :D