At last count, how many tarantulas are in your collection?

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Well, at 16 I said I just wanted one more, but I bought 2. Then I bought a sling last week after saying no more, so I guess I'm at 19 and counting... :angelic: Actually, 20 if you count the jumping spider.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just received 5 slings, and that's all I have right now. Still trying to talk my wife into a mystery spider from FNT this autumn though.

I just counted another 38 species I've put on my "must get" list though. There are just so many absolutely beautiful Ts, it's hard to pick one over another. Hard for me to picture a more beautiful work of art than a mosaic of beautiful animal enclosures. Nature makes the most beautiful paintings.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I just received 5 slings, and that's all I have right now. Still trying to talk my wife into a mystery spider from FNT this autumn though.

I just counted another 38 species I've put on my "must get" list though. There are just so many absolutely beautiful Ts, it's hard to pick one over another. Hard for me to picture a more beautiful work of art than a mosaic of beautiful animal enclosures. Nature makes the most beautiful paintings.
A new C. versicolor ought to convince your wife that more eight legged friends are very beneficial.

Chicken Legs

Arachnopeon
Now have 22, with the last 3 slings OWs from Africa.

My "must have" list is somewhat longer but I'll ask for the wives' forgiveness after I get hold of them all. I'm nice like that at least.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I have 32 Ts, 2 true spiders, a scorpion, and a bowl of millipedes.

I am going to try to keep it to 30 for the next few years, so I'm going to wait until some of my males mature out before trying other sp.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A new C. versicolor ought to convince your wife that more eight legged friends are very beneficial.
Absolutely agreed, except that I promised I'd only get terrestrial New World slings this year. I love all the color stages. So pretty.

Now have 22, with the last 3 slings OWs from Africa.

My "must have" list is somewhat longer but I'll ask for the wives' forgiveness after I get hold of them all. I'm nice like that at least.
I'm sure my list will grow, lol. Probably going to wait a little before I get too many new spiders, though. As difficult as it is to restrain myself, it's been a long time. I also made a bunch of mistakes back in the day, so I'm anxious to avoid those too. I absolutely want more, but I want to make sure I learn how to take care of them well before I get them.

Well, that and also I have a limited ability to spend. I have a bad habit of buying things, so now I have an allowance. Only so much damage I can do per month, lol.

Vulksgren

Arachnopeon
Just added 6 more to my collection, got my first old world! All slings, most but one was an impulse buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caveman95

Arachnopeon
9 tarantulas
1 scorpion
For now... had to down size due to a recent cross country move. Will build up the collection again soon!

Cherri

Arachnopeon
+ 2 whip scorpions and a scorpion

I had to sell a bunch. At my peak I had 30.