At last count, how many tarantulas are in your collection?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 19 tarantulas
1 cat and one daughter!

Regarding my daughter, she is not burrowing, and is always out on display, which i am glad for!:angelic:

Kitara

Arachnodemon
At last count I had 4, but I'm going to double check this morning to see if my C. cyaneopubescens has split in two.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Update

Now at 49 Ts and added a whip scorpion, vinegaroon, funnel web spider and 4 more assassins to the herd. No longer have Harlequin beetles.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I have 10 tarantulas and some millipedes, roaches and snails.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Currently at 15 with 2 new coming next two days which makes that a round 17. Most of them are still slings/small juvies. 4 confirmed females so far.

Last edited:

ghostly

Arachnopeon
25. i've been on thaz exact number for a while now, it's time for new additions!

Vulksgren

Arachnopeon
6 with 2 new additions coming in. I am still somewhat to this hobby to, but damn is it addicting. It will likely go up to 11-15 and that's as far as I will go....I think.

Moebius

Arachnopeon
A lot.

153 tarantulas, not counting recent egg-sacs that still have stuff developing, (soon to be more as more eggs develop) though that will drop a chunk after some recently produced slings are sent out to other folks. Around 52 species if you count B. albopilosum from Nicaragua as a separate species from the hobby form (I don't lump them together in any way shape or form). The gal's son has I think 47 of his own, (not sure how many species, but the majority aren't what's in ours, I believe around 13+ separate species that we don't). Suffice to say, quite a few tarantulas and species, even if some are multiples for breeding projects. The collection grew over time, especially once we became serious about breeding projects. It doesn't seem like many when changing water and feeding or doing the rounds seeing how they're doing, but that tally adds up.

Quite a few other invertebrates like various scorpion, whip scorpion, vinegaroon, isopod and centipedes as well. Suffice to say, quite a few shelves, and I could use at least one more upcoming for rehoming upgrades.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I have 100+ T.'s but I don't have many adults female specimens now, probably only 9 or 10 adult females now (I have more females but I'm only including mature adult females). It's called financial stability issues and also to save space as well. My collection is fine in numbers, but if it weren't for the limited space and financial issues, I would have kept way more adult females instead of having to sell them off.

I also have some true spiders as well, which they're a real pleasure to keep but I won't include them.