At last count, how many tarantulas are in your collection?

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
47 tarantulas of various sizes. Mix of all sorts. 7 scorpions, three in a small communal.
I've just spammed this thread, but what scorpions do you keep communal? Is it a bad idea to introduce a scorpion to another that's been living hermit style for a while?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Currently sitting at 29 Ts as I’ve been branching out a lot lately and letting some slings grow up before I get any more.

I also have 8 mantids, 3 scorps, a vinegaroon, a whip scorpion, a handful of assorted scarab beetle Larvae, several exotic roach colonies, 3 huntsman, and around... ~400 Polyphemus or cecropia caterpillars.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I'm not buying anymore this month, so I guess I could've posted how many I have when I posted this thread, but too late now.

I have 42 tarantulas Of various sizes at this moment.

Boaz Solorio

Arachnopeon
I'm so jealous, I have 8 at the moment and absolutely need more.

Last edited by a moderator:

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
14, one 10 year old P. irminia and 13 slings/juveniles :)

But I'm expecting at least 7 more this month.

Expecting:
P. regalis (regal jumping spider)
Set of 5 communal M. balfouri slings
Pampobetues sp. Machala
+ ? ;)

boina

Lady of the mites
155 :bag:. That number will change in a week, though, because Hamm expo... Hopefully I'll not only buy more but also sell a few MMs. If I'm really lucky that number won't even change at all ;).
And three whip spider babies.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
I have 8 Ts and 2 wolf spiders, my husband has 8 Ts and 2 wolf spiders, and my kids each have 2Ts and one wolf spider, and then we have three extra B. albos for a total of 23 Ts and 6 wolf spiders ranging from sling to subadult.

Marika

Arachnoangel
One :cat:

I'm hoping to change that in the near future, though.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Counting the recent P. cambridgei sac (230) I'm probably very close to 375 give or take. Also hoping for sacs from H. pulchripes, A. azuraklaasi, C. versicolor, N. tripepii, N. chromatus, P. sazimai, and P. rufilata.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I've just spammed this thread, but what scorpions do you keep communal? Is it a bad idea to introduce a scorpion to another that's been living hermit style for a while?
Heterometrus Petersii. Had them separate as babies for over a year before putting three together. Give them some space, feed often (2x a week and one or two criks per scorp), and add plenty of hides. They've grown very quickly together and always sit in the same burrow.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
31 total

Yorkshire

Arachnopeon
No where near enough yet...

6 Ts (2 tiny slings - LP and E sp Red; 3 juvies - true B. albopilosum, A. genic and GBB and a sub adult G. pulchripes.