Assassin bug eggs keeping

The invertabrate

Arachnosquire
My assassin bugs keep laying eggs I leave them in the enclosure but they always seem to look squished.So I want to know how to keep them and make sure they hatch.Thanks.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What kind of assassin bugs? I have Platymeris biguttatus. They will sometimes tuck the eggs into the crevices in the cork bark, and other times I just find them on the ground. I just leave the eggs in the enclosure, and I've got lots of nymphs hatching out.

What is your enclosure like? What kind of substrate? And what do you have for the bugs to climb on, hide in, or hang from?

The invertabrate

Arachnosquire
What kind of assassin bugs? I have Platymeris biguttatus. They will sometimes tuck the eggs into the crevices in the cork bark, and other times I just find them on the ground. I just leave the eggs in the enclosure, and I've got lots of nymphs hatching out.

What is your enclosure like? What kind of substrate? And what do you have for the bugs to climb on, hide in, or hang from?
It’s a large critter keeper I use eco earth and I spray the enclosure everyday

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
Depend on the specie of the assassin bug, usually you just keep them moist and they should hatch

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can you show pictures of the eggs? I'm curious what you mean by "looking squished."

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
So apparently they appear squished because they are dry. Mine were like that too until I take them out and placed them in an incubation tube which I sprayed everyday. They did turn plump again, but few started molding, so I'm now gonna just mist them once a week.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
they’re dried out but most of em ain’t dead.

I find that the best way to keep assassin bug eggs is to keep them as well ventilated as possible and mist them frequently, so the soil dries up and can be misted again frequently (of course the eggs can be left to dry out much longer and still survive and continue hatching)