Asked for more pictures to ID.. P. not regalis

Phases

Arachnoknight
Undeside of the first pair and last pair of legs is the most accurate way.
Sounds like striata it is, if this is a true statement. It's the only match on that poster. The next closest are the two to the right - fasciata and hanumav...... - but the black/yellow bands are pretty uniformed in size so striata is closer.

Edit: I know i already said it but, when looking at top view posters, my wife and i both (separately) chose striata in our 3 'one of' choices.

I find this very interesting, and more insight or suggestions or whatever is more than welcome, but for now that is what I'm going with.

Thanks all!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Sounds like striata it is, if this is a true statement. It's the only match on that poster. The next closest are the two to the right - fasciata and hanumav...... - but the black/yellow bands are pretty uniformed in size so striata is closer.

Edit: I know i already said it but, when looking at top view posters, my wife and i both (separately) chose striata in our 3 'one of' choices.

I find this very interesting, and more insight or suggestions or whatever is more than welcome, but for now that is what I'm going with.

Thanks all!
It's a true statement..

To the very experienced eye, it's not hard to id almost all the genus from the dorsal view, but it's still best to check the legs.

Phases

Arachnoknight
So, all. She's in a 8 x 8 x 12. (Well, shes currently in a holding container) - if I were to upgrade to 12 x 12 x 18 now would be the time to do it - but she as far as I can tell seems content in her current one. Hides all day, Sits on her cork bark at night.

But, she IS over 6 inches. How rushed would you feel to upgrade? Blah, $.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I still think it's striata..

Subtle dorsal color differences are meaningless.. It varys do to where the tarantula is in it's molt cycle.. ID them by the pattern on the undersides of the legs..

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
Well, i stand corrected :bag:. Glad i didn't put down 100% lol, i had no idea striata had purple hues.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Well, i stand corrected :bag:. Glad i didn't put down 100% lol, i had no idea striata had purple hues.
How colors look and how much they pop often depends on the lighting and angle they are taken at. The stage in the molt cycle comes in to play was well. I can take a photo of a tarantula move/change the lighting and get different hues on the next photo of the same tarantula.

cold blood

Staff member

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Definitely not vitatta they don't have yellow on the leg pattern. My guess is striata or faciata maybe. Leaning towards faciata.

Phases

Arachnoknight
Alright! Upgraded her last night. Here are some pics, she has started her web in the top corner overnight. The piece of green in front of her web, and the cork bark, I added this AM because it felt pretty bare without. Lots and lots of potential for her here to do many different things over the years :) I hope years anyway!

20170922_082154.jpg

20170922_083609 (1).jpg 20170922_082147.jpg 20170922_082154.jpg 20170922_082236.jpg 20170922_082258.jpg 20170922_082314.jpg

(I know the screen at the top is not preferred!) - I haven't completed quite everything yet, but this is the gist of it. :D

Now, we can upgrade someone into her old one, like maybe Axit, our P. metallica. Appreciate everyone's insight on this! I'm disappointed it was sold as a regalis, but it's still the same T, I still dig her, and am happy to be correct in what I tell people now - so thanks all for helping!