asian millipedes?

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hello, i just got a millipede but i don't know what species is it. it's still small i think it's around 1inch, black but has a yellow line in both upper sides. what do you think is guys? thanks!!!! {D {D {D its from the Philippines! anyone knows any sites that shows pictures of asian millipedes? thanks!!!

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ate Musta Na

ate subukan mo muna search sa internet o kaya naman sa national library dami dun libro tungkol sa kahit ano!!!! ahahahahaha

san ka nga pala nakakuha nyan, malaki ba yan????

in english
try looking at the web or in the library theres a lot of book there!!! ahahahahaha

by the way, where did you got that one, was it large????:?

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
bossing

bossing, di to si ate mo!!!! hahahaha!!!! lalaki po ako, galing sa Emmanuel at Camille ang nick ko dito!!!! heheheheehe!!! tinatamad kaya ako magsearch!!! :wall: kaya nga sumali ako dito e!!!! ;P ;P ;P

in English

boss, i'm not your sister!!!! hahahaha!!!! im a man, i got my nick from Emmanuel (which is unfortunately my name) and Camille (fortunately my GF's). heheheheehe!!! i'm too lazy to search!!!!! :wall: what's the use of joining here?!!!!! ;P ;P ;P

...as what i've said before, it's around 1inch. i got it in my sink which luckily was dry!!!! why ask? do you have one?

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

uncle kahoy,

my millipede is does somewhat resembles Coromus diaphorus. a friend of mine jerome says its an african specie. but they actually looks perfectly the same. so i guess it a Coromus. i just wondered how come they walk around like locals? hmmmm.....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Emmanuel

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am willing to bet that is you could post a picture that other might join in on the attempt to ID. pics are always a good incentive for others to do a "little bit of looking for you" plus I would geuess that others would just like to see what it is that you have....

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
emmille,

I have lots of those millipedes as well. I think it is an introduced specie which happens to thrive well in our climate. I think these were non-existent in our garden 5 years ago, but now it is so easy to collect them during the rainy season. They grow to about 1 1/2".

Here's a picture I took last January.

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im no millipede expert, really know nothing at all about them. i cant see the pic too well but it looks like a a milli we have in BC canada: Harpaphe haydeniana.

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
alakdan

Perfect alakdan!!!! :worship: you got it right. that's the type of millipede i have. guess

what, i caught another last night in the bathroom i don't if where did they

come from. what do you feed them? i feed them bread crumbs, is it ok? are

they nocturnal? :?

thanks,

Emmanuel aka emmille

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
?

alakdan,

you mean you got lots of them? :? i mean you breed them? how? :? :?

emmanuel

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ganoderma said:
im no millipede expert, really know nothing at all about them. i cant see the pic too well but it looks like a a milli we have in BC canada: Harpaphe haydeniana.
it does look exactly llike the ones that you are thinking of Ganoderma I used to live in Washington State and I have seen ones that look just like it, some of the ones up there also have more of a red color them that yellowish-orange. I will actually be going back this summer to do some collecting for my self and a few otheres down here in California.

jonathan insect714

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
emmille said:
alakdan,

you mean you got lots of them? :? i mean you breed them? how? :? :?

emmanuel
No, I don't breed them. They are permanent residents in my garden. There were about hundreds of them last rainy season. Try looking for them on the ground around your house. If you have shrubs with lots of rotting leaves and piled rocks/twigs, they would be at the damp portions of the litter. They feed on decaying plant material. Apart from this info, I don't know much about millipedes.

Sorry about the blurry picture, I just took it with my mobile phone.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Bingo!

Check this out! Just found it a couple of hours ago. All of them were seeking shelter under a rock under our guava tree. Some were even mating.{D

Last edited:

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
got also a lot of them.

heheheh, go to a nearby park.

then do the hunT!!!:D :D :D

ingat ka lang sa kakaamoy nyan kasi magkakatama ka mas masahol lang sa damo!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

joke lang!!

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Help Me With Them!!!!

Alakdan said:
Check this out! Just found it a couple of hours ago. All of them were seeking shelter under a rock under our guava tree. Some were even mating.{D
hey, whats specie is it by the way? i got three of them AGAIN just yesterday because the ones i have before died and i don't know why!!!

help me please guys, what would be the enclosure good for them, i mean what stuffs should i put inside there cage, what food to feed them. i put mine with a wet spaghnum moss i bought in tiendesitas and without food, i just kinda thought they're eating the moss.
thanks,
Emmanuel

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I observed them eating the algae on some rotting bark. I fed them some nice juicy tomato and cucumber.

emmille

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cool!!!! i already have 5 of them and i think 2 of them are females because the others seems to grab one of the two and looks as if they're mating...{D