Asian forest scorpion not eating

Scottlloyd735

Arachnopeon
I have an Asian forest scorpion, its the 3rd day I have had him/her now, the peat and moss is damp and the temperature is just about right... I've dropped a locust in there yesterday and because it wasn't eaten it took it back out tried again this morning and I am trying again right now... Should I just leave the locust in there overnight with the scorpion? Or take it out before I go to bed? Thanks in advance :)

cold blood

Staff member
If its plump, it may just not need food...they only eat so much before molting.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I have an Asian forest scorpion, its the 3rd day I have had him/her now, the peat and moss is damp and the temperature is just about right... I've dropped a locust in there yesterday and because it wasn't eaten it took it back out tried again this morning and I am trying again right now... Should I just leave the locust in there overnight with the scorpion? Or take it out before I go to bed? Thanks in advance :)
Whatever the prey is leave it in overnight. Scorpions are nocturnal and will only be looking for food at night, probably when you are asleep.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yes

because its captive
I would rather say it is because it is not adjusting to captivety! Or it is stressed because something is wrong with the set up thst they dont like, this behaviour can be seen. Some individuals just dont adjust well to captivety! Same with tarantulas. If kept right and the spider is well adjusted, this behaviour is not seen

Scottlloyd735

Arachnopeon
I would rather say it is because it is not adjusting to captivety! Or it is stressed because something is wrong with the set up thst they dont like, this behaviour can be seen. Some individuals just dont adjust well to captivety! Same with tarantulas. If kept right and the spider is well adjusted, this behaviour is not seen
Okay thanks for the reply :), can you suggest anything that may upset my scorp? The last thing I want to do is stress it out and make it uncomfortable :/

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would rehouse it! Give it a much deeper substrate, more corkbarks and hides. Give it 8-10 inches of well compressed sub. Things like that!

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Okay thanks for the reply :), can you suggest anything that may upset my scorp? The last thing I want to do is stress it out and make it uncomfortable :/
You have had your scorpion for three days and you are worried it's not eating. It's only humans and humming birds that find the need to eat every day. It will probably take 2/3 weeks or more to settle in it's new home and maybe not eat for a week or more. Leave the locust in overnight for one more night, if it doesn't eat remove and try again in a week. The only thing scorpions do quickly is sting.

Scottlloyd735

Arachnopeon
You have had your scorpion for three days and you are worried it's not eating. It's only humans and humming birds that find the need to eat every day. It will probably take 2/3 weeks or more to settle in it's new home and maybe not eat for a week or more. Leave the locust in overnight for one more night, if it doesn't eat remove and try again in a week. The only thing scorpions do quickly is sting.
Thanks for the reply, awesome advice :) glad you guys have been able to help me out, I appreciate it