Asian Forest Scorpion Exo Splitting for Weeks

Sveny16

Arachnopeon
I have a 3rd instar asian forest scorpion that has splits along both sides of it's body and at all joints. Within the splits is the second exoskeleton, which does not glow under blacklights. I first noticed the splitting several weeks ago and assumed an upcoming molt, so I have not feel the creature since. However, the scorpion has not molted yet, although most of the joints are now split whereas several weeks ago it was just between the top and bottom of the torso.

Is this normal? I don't think it is, but the scorpion still moves around and acts okay. I am worried about feeding because if it does molt I don't want it to be eaten.

Humidity is at upper 50s at 86 degrees. I have read that is should be higher but it is impossible to do at that temp. If temp drops to 70 it's at 90%.

Any insight would be appreciated.

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I keep mine at 80 to 90 percent humidity and around 85 to 90 degrees thru the day and cool off to 75 degrees at night. You may want to raise everything a bit.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I have a 3rd instar asian forest scorpion that has splits along both sides of it's body and at all joints. Within the splits is the second exoskeleton, which does not glow under blacklights. I first noticed the splitting several weeks ago and assumed an upcoming molt, so I have not feel the creature since. However, the scorpion has not molted yet, although most of the joints are now split whereas several weeks ago it was just between the top and bottom of the torso.

Is this normal? I don't think it is, but the scorpion still moves around and acts okay. I am worried about feeding because if it does molt I don't want it to be eaten.

Humidity is at upper 50s at 86 degrees. I have read that is should be higher but it is impossible to do at that temp. If temp drops to 70 it's at 90%.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Increase the humidity like @ArachnoDrew said.

Post some images of the Scorpion in question. It may well be that you are simply seeing the normal symptoms of a Scorpion that is approaching a molt. When they are in pre molt and approaching the time they shed their Exoskeleton their bodies swell and the skin between the plates swells causing them to separate.

Also, check out the images and text in this thread: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/is...r-in-premolt-or-just-fat.294861/#post-2638569

Mila

Arachnoknight
Just seems like it's about to molt. Both of mine did this at the same time and now 1 has molted