Asian forest scorpion acting wierd

Javi

Arachnopeon
Hi guys!my asian forest scorpion (H.Longimanus) Has escaped but we found her. My problem is she fell off a table and hours later, She is acting wierd. Her tail specifically is moving all around and it its curling wierdly too. When she walks, the telson would either end up under the leg or its on the ground. Her torso area would also act wierd as if she looks like a person doing yoga. Pls help whats wrong.

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
As invertaddiction said, a picture would be helpful, but if its any external damage to the exoskeleton and not damage done on the inside it should be able to fix itself in its next molt (assuming it hasn't passed it's last molt yet). It may detach the telson or it's whole metasoma if it really has a problem. Scorpions are very hard shelled and I would be surprised if it hurt itself that badly from falling from a foot or two. The only time i've heard of a scorp getting hurt or killed is when it gets crushed by something. Hopefully, you learned to only take the scorpion out in a safe environment or to invest in some screen locks haha :happy: I hope your scorp feels better and keep us updated with pics or info on its health :embarrassed:

arachnoxious

arachnovelist
Arachnosupporter
If it did that it would not be able to defecate.
Yep, and some scorpions will detach when frightened, trying to escape predators, or put in severely stressful situations. A study was done in Argentina, some specimens died within around 8 weeks after detachment because of severe swelling. It was noticed that a few males countinued to sexually reproduce even 8 months after the detachment. It will shorten your scorpions life but if small prey items are fed to it sparingly and spaced out, it may increase the length of its life and possibly even keep it alive for a few extra years depending on the situation/instar/sex of the scorpion.

Javi

Arachnopeon
Nope no external damage to the scorpion. If it was internal though, wouldnt she be dead in a day or so? She is still alive. She would attack if provoked too. Heres the photo

Attachments

Last edited:

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Nope no external damage to the scorpion. If it was internal though, wouldnt she be dead in a day or so? She is still alive. She would attack if provoked too. Heres the photo
That’s a swamp get it out.
That is way way to wet

Javi

Arachnopeon
That’s a swamp get it out.
That is way way to wet
I did. Im waiting for it to dry. She is still acting wierd but still attacks as a response. Sooo what should i do? Been a few days since i got her out of that tank.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
I did. Im waiting for it to dry. She is still acting wierd but still attacks as a response. Sooo what should i do? Been a few days since i got her out of that tank.
A new pic and for now leave it alone

DTinney21

EightDeadlySins
Arachnosupporter
Hi guys!my asian forest scorpion (H.Longimanus) Has escaped but we found her. My problem is she fell off a table and hours later, She is acting wierd. Her tail specifically is moving all around and it its curling wierdly too. When she walks, the telson would either end up under the leg or its on the ground. Her torso area would also act wierd as if she looks like a person doing yoga. Pls help whats wrong.

DTinney21

EightDeadlySins
Arachnosupporter
mine does the same thing. mainly when I bother her to eat or something. when she's walking around, she walks just fine. but if she gets in a weird position, she has a "fit" as I call it. did you ever find out what's wrong with it?