Asian Forest New Home

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone, I recently got 3 Asian Forest. 2 females and 1 male that have, from what I am to understand, have lived together before. I do not know for a fact if they have, but this is the home I had set up for them Is this okay or do I need more hiding spots? When I put the male in he went straight for the water and also drowned trying to drink. The container itself is about 15 gallons tall and has 1 inch of coconut husk on the ground.

The other problem I am having is the fact that the person I got off said the females are pregnant. I mean both are extremely fat and the one who is larger is slightly more aggressive, but last time I thought i had a pregnant scorpion, it was just constipated and shedding....BUT if they are pregnant will this cause more stress or cause them to resort to cannibalism?

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
More substrate is better, Asian forest scorpions like to burrow. Also the enclosure is to dry IMO, they like moist substrate. I would add more hides, but i'm not so sure because of the space of the enclosure. I don't keep mines communally, so I can't give any advice on communal set-ups. But maybe someone more experienced can help.

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
More substrate is better, Asian forest scorpions like to burrow. Also the enclosure is to dry IMO, they like moist substrate. I would add more hides, but i'm not so sure because of the space of the enclosure. I don't keep mines communally, so I can't give any advice on communal set-ups. But maybe someone more experienced can help.
so Asian Forest do burrow? For some reason I didnt think they liked to so I put little substrate in and Ill make sure to mist the cage more often. I have a solid lid on for them but I keep it off all day so they have light

Liquifin

Arachnoking
so Asian Forest do burrow? For some reason I didnt think they liked to so I put little substrate in and Ill make sure to mist the cage more often. I have a solid lid on for them but I keep it off all day so they have light
I know some people don't put much substrate, because they want to see the scorpion more often. But I give them more substrate, just so they have more freedom to choose whether they want to burrow or not. I don't mist, it will dry to quickly. I just get a bottle of water with holes on the cap and spray it down like rain. That way it allows the water to sink into the substrate and saves you the time of misting everyday and the plus side is that it is better too.

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
I know some people don't put much substrate, because they want to see the scorpion more often. But I give them more substrate, just so they have more freedom to choose whether they want to burrow or not. I don't mist, it will dry to quickly. I just get a bottle of water with holes on the cap and spray it down like rain. That way it allows the water to sink into the substrate and saves you the time of misting everyday and the plus side is that it is better too.

ALright I will try that. I just want them to be happy and heathly. So if i see them less for them to live better, then thats fine

xXsambondXx

Arachnopeon
generally speaking with species that can be kept communally, it's best to add more hides than you have scorpions, so 3 scorpions >3 hides, due to the space in their you could remove the ones you currently have and get smaller ones? i'm not sure how territorial they are but never hurts to give them their space ;) also, a little google searching and it appears that you can shine a light on the belly of the female and actually see the little babies as white blobs, hope that helps!

Last edited:

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
I found them all hiding under the driftwood on the left hand side today when I got home. They dont seem to be aggressive towards each other but I will add more. As for checking them, they are adjusting still and with how aggressive they were yesterday night when I was putting them in, I think I will let them settle before trying to shine flashlights near them.