Armadillidium vulgare

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
Went out looking for some isopods and found a good load of Armadillidium vulgare. I collected a handful to start my own colony.......I think I'm already planning for future colonies and species.

They may be really common but I think the gold/yellow markings is quite pretty and striking......excuse the quality of the images, the originals were to big to add. DSC01892.JPG

I also think the solid color individuals are really pretty as well
DSC01889.JPG

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've always been a fan of the flecked ones. Sometimes they'd be the only morph I'd find in a small area, but for the most part I only ever found the solid ones.

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
I've always been a fan of the flecked ones. Sometimes they'd be the only morph I'd find in a small area, but for the most part I only ever found the solid ones.
Do you happen to know if the gold/yellow coloration occurs on just any random individuals or is it actually a breedable trait?

BenLeeKing

Arachnoknight
Do you happen to know if the gold/yellow coloration occurs on just any random individuals or is it actually a breedable trait?
It is defiantly separable, some one also attempted to breed a stain with as much yellow as they can~ If you want more with a yellow color I suggest you no to house it with the purely grey wild type.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think there are a couple people working on maximizing that coloration in their colonies, but I don't know how it's going. Presumably well since isopods seem to do well with color/pattern line isolations.

Inverts4life1

Arachnosquire
I did find a decent number of both the solid color ones and the yellow marked ones so I guess I'll separate them in the next couple days and start seeing how it goes