Armadillidium granulatum care?

Jurdon

Arachnoknight
I’m back with another thread! And to nobody at all’s surprise, not only is it a question, but it’s about isopods! Giving myself a hard time aside, I’ve been wanting to get some Armadillidium granulatum, as my (very, very small) group isopod cultures is severely lacking in any actual ‘roly-polies’. I’m aware Armadillidium require more ventilation, and that granulatum in particular like to burrow, so my question is, will the setup I currently have planned work? It’s a 6qt bin with roughly twice the amount of ventilation I usually put in my iso tubs
. 63C9E1A1-AEA8-4D88-8BF5-50EDD9EFFC71.jpeg

Attachments

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Armadillidium granulatum is a species I would love to keep! I do keep several Armadillidium species, and I usually put a couple of 1-1.5” holes in the lid of the enclosure, and then cover them with fine mesh.
In most of my enclosures, I also drill some holes in the side, as you have done, and cover them with mesh as well.
That’s not to say the ventilation you have provided isn’t sufficient; it will probably work just fine. However, you may have problems with fungus gnats in the enclosure unless you cover the holes with something breathable that will keep them out.