Arizona People

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
Im flying to phoenix and getting a rental if anyone on the way wants a lift they can ride with my girl and I to the ATS - but you're on your own for getting back

BrettG - I will most certainly be shipping a box of T's to you for the raffle. I plan on donating some pretty awesome stuff.... I'll get your address
in two weeks beforehand to ship

I hope to find people that can show us some awesome places in AZ (or just tell me where to go) - ten days off = exploration.

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
iirc, Ken's shop is like 10-15 miles from the ATS conference and he definitely will be at the conference this year

the grand opening is going to be awesome, but the shop is only going to get better as time progresses :D

here is a sneak peak from a picture i took yesterday

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
iirc, Ken's shop is like 10-15 miles from the ATS conference and he definitely will be at the conference this year

the grand opening is going to be awesome, but the shop is only going to get better as time progresses :D

here is a sneak peak from a picture i took yesterday

I'm hoping to get to the Grand opening. I have Mon off so I can spend some time traveling this weekend. I would also lie to get some personal collecting done before it gets way to hot.

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
One of my donations for the raffle

These guys came in a week ago - from Niger - im having a hard time with it and I am not sure

From what I understand you have to be a scientist to figure out hercules vs. gigas vs. ederi

(or own a microscope)

What do you guys think???

I think this will be an awesome donation because it has a little mystery and they're fresh off the boat.

Nice conversation piece too DSC_1758.jpg DSC_1759.jpg DSC_1760.jpg DSC_1763.jpg DSC_1764.jpg

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
Well I am shipping one to your house at some point - so you can borrow it... maybe we can rig the raffle in your favor.

Show me an awesome time around AZ and I might ship 2 :)

How easy/fun is scorpion hunting? I don't want to touch them and im not so much into them

How easy is it to find an A. chalcode? I couldn't ever personally take one from the wild ...
I loved kayaking lake mead - something similar around tuscan?

I also like trudging through rivers. - that and heineken.

Last edited:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL @ Raffle rigging...
We still need to figure out what we are taking down.It'll all be arboreal,thats all I know.

---------- Post added 04-19-2012 at 09:54 PM ----------

Well,as far as hunting I have no idea.I know where to find behlei and paloma,but have no idea if those colonies are still there.I normally run into scorps when I am not looking for them,so I can not offer any advise on actually hunting them,other than it cannot be that hard.

Nikki1984

Arachnosquire
Just signed up for the ATS conference. From the pics I've seen online it looks like a good time. :)

Nikki1984

Arachnosquire
Did my first herping trip just north of Tucson last Sunday. It was a lot of fun and nice to get out. Definitely want to start planning get togethers if anyone is interested.

Rattleinshed.JPG

cmcghee358

Arachnoknight
I finally got my tickets/hotel room for the ATS Conference. Looking forward to drooling. I hope there are good deals to be had...

Anansis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While you can buy a T or two, don't expect to find a bunch of dealers at the conference. The field trips, speakers, picnic, roach races and camaraderie with others of similar interest are what brings me back year after year. Here's a few pictures from a previous conference.

Hotel

Roach races

Friday picnic

And yes Arachnidsrva, I guarantee you'll see wild Aphonopelma chalcodes.