Arizona People

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello All,

I recently moved back down to the Southeast Valley (Mesa) area, from Prescott, as such I don't know many good spots to go looking for scorps, etc... If anyone off the boards wants to go hunting, please feel free to PM me (I would love to get out at night). I can provide the beers and a car, if anyone is down. Also, I don't collect out of the wild, I just love to observe (however, I do NOT have an issue if you would like to collect)! So hit me up if you're in the Phoenix area and would like some company (desert at night sucks alone anyways). I'm really down in SE Mesa, about 10 mins from Queen Creek, I'd say.

Cheers,

Rob

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mesa !!

Lets do this !! Depending on date I'm down !

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I may be as well. Just have to do some scouting for an area out by the Superstitions.The Canyon Lake area could be a good place as well.And when you mention "beer" I hope you do not mean a 6 pack..LOL....

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd be up for some picture taking, blacklighting, whatever. I live way up North up get to Superior about once a month. I'll be down that way Sept 4th-6th. I know some nice places near their, PLus some of the best mexican food in Az is in Miami/Globe if your into that. I can do a Flagstaff/Payson/Sedona just about any weekend.

Anyone in AZ thinking about setting up an AZ group, you need to be an arachnosupporter plus I think. I'd do it but it will be about a month before I can get the supporter plus going.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I thought about setting up a group,but I honestly do not think there are enough of us to even justify doing so.Kinda shocked at the lack of AZ residents on the forums,considering we are in prime T country.........

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Their seems to be more scorpion guys than tarantula people.

Jucebox

Arachnopeon
Im down, I'm borderline gilbert/mesa area. Been looking for an excuse to go out around here just don't know of any places or people!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know some spots all within 1 hr of Mesa.I am sure we can all coordinate something,I know I have talked to Ryan(skar) about hitting the Sups sometime. I would not mind a trip towards Payson or the Bartlett Lake area either,but we need to have plenty of planning and advanced notice for both Kelly and I to make it.Well,that and for more than 2people to show up.........

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't live in Arizona, but I dreamed I was collecting Dynastes granti in my backyard, this morning. I think I could successfully make the argument that living in Arizona is a state of mind. Can I be in the group? ;)

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
tdark1 you know im down!
and the best mexican food is in my moms kitchen.:biggrin:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is exactly why the Az scene is so lame. Someone makes a post like this and then vanishes.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So ummmm .. Ya lets do this anyways ??
Seriously just pm me I'm down, we can do this with 3-4 of us sounds cool. Even BYOB

oldmangoon

Arachnopeon
Just found this thread. I'm in Phoenix and my girlfriend and I would love to be a part of any outings.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just found this thread. I'm in Phoenix and my girlfriend and I would love to be a part of any outings.
It will probably never happen. Look how the person that STARTED the thread vanished,along with half the others that responded.Az T people can NEVER pull together is seems.Oh friggin well,because I could care less.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i'm kinda thinking about starting some kind of bug group in AZ. i'm in Tucson now

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It will probably never happen. Look how the person that STARTED the thread vanished,along with half the others that responded.Az T people can NEVER pull together is seems.Oh friggin well,because I could care less.
Rude .. I believe in us !! Thomas could do it !! LOL
Everyone wants a communal ha

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, I started this thread and then realized I'm probably the worst person to try to organize anything. But I'm around still in Mesa, met BrettG yesterday, just been on and off on the forums due to RL stuff. If anyone wants to meet up, PM me (or msg me on AIM) or whatever, I'm mostly a scorpion guy considering getting back into T's though.

Rob