Arizona blonde vs Chilean Rose??

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So i'm looking for a very docile tarantula that doesn't mind being held.(i know temperament is a hit or miss but) I've heard rose hairs can be moody and defensive and i've heard majority of Arizona blondes are really chill and sweet, even the wild caught. Id like opinions on which is better? I know tarantulas are more "look don't touch" pets.. but i really want to be able to handle mine.
Rosies are generally docile, but di get a bit iffy. Ive had quite a few Aphonopelma and the chalcodes, specifically, always seem to be sweet hearts.. if a "sweetheart" spider is a thing haha

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I did a lot of research before getting my first Ts. I started with l.parahybana. I have 2, full of attitude and personality at the size of a quarter lol. I love them, but looking forward to my next ones and researching which I want next. I have my dream Ts which right now I can't seem to find for sale anywhere but I have more on my list to acquire. Good luck!

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
So i'm looking for a very docile tarantula that doesn't mind being held.(i know temperament is a hit or miss but) I've heard rose hairs can be moody and defensive and i've heard majority of Arizona blondes are really chill and sweet, even the wild caught. Id like opinions on which is better? I know tarantulas are more "look don't touch" pets.. but i really want to be able to handle mine.

going to be blunt...you want a cuddly pet that you can hold get a hamster, cat, dog....etc..

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Might I suggest E.Campestratus. The pink zebra beauty is considered one of, if not the most, docile species on the planet

Brave Noseless

Arachnopeon
I'd go for the Arizona blonde which is the common name. In forums like this we use the scientific name which would be Aphonopelma chalcodes. The names just helps us determine which species you'e talking about.

Back to the point. the chalcodes (blonde) would be an overall better choice for two main reasons, those being:
Rose hairs an fast for really long times, possibly a year or more. This can lead to anxiety for new keepers. Also like you said the Rose hairs (Grammastola rosea/ porteri/ northern) can have mood swings, one day it's a teddy bear and the next it's a demon spawn.

For handling, I don't recommend it for several reasons which have been beaten to death on this forum already so I'll just give you some main reasons 1.) it risks your T escaping, I remember there was a threat about a T that crwaled up someones fireplace chimney. 2.) it is an unnecessary risk of injury to your spider and your self. I say if you Must handle, don't be complacent and do it in a confined space on the floor so there is no risk of a fall.
Arizona Blonds aren't always friendly too ya know