1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arizona blonde question

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by tristan4033, Mar 18, 2017.

1. tristan4033

tristan4033 Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Ok so I have the opportunity to get a little over 2 inch male Arizona blond my question is is this to big for it

Attached Files:

2. tristan4033

I would say it's about 16 inches in length and height and about 10 in width it is a 16-18 quart container

3. cold blood

cold blood Arachnoemperor Active Member

yeah, I'd start it in a 16oz deli....like this

4. tristan4033

Even for a 2 1/2 inch

5. cold blood

There's a 2.5" G.pulchripes in here, its not in its burrow...plenty of room.

6. tristan4033

Where do you get the hide for it

7. tristan4033

Or what do you use for one

8. Jeff23

Jeff23 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Are you getting the male for free or buying it? I am just curious. I don't know how new you are to the hobby. You may already know that males don't live a long time. Female A. chalcodes are available at fairly low prices ($50).

Otherwise there is nothing wrong with getting a male. All of them are fun to own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. cold blood

My wood is collected from either lakeshores or a nature preserve.

10. tristan4033

It's from ken the bug guy it's 25 dollars I believe but I'm going there soon so I plan on buying it I just don't know how to take care of slings housing

11. tristan4033

I live in Arizona so don't have lake shore but I'll go out into the brush and find some wood I may be able to use

12. cold blood

2.5" isn't a sling, its a juvie. Dry sub, a hide, deep enough sub to construct a burrow and a water dish....so simple.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. tristan4033

Hmmm i have a possible solution, my local dollar store sells some large food containers, i may just use those since the are thin enough I can just poke holes in

14. cold blood

15. tristan4033

They are about 5 inches high so that's would be enough for the little guy to burrow, only problem is width they I would guess 5 inches wide also but they are a cheap solution I suppose

16. tristan4033

I live in Sierra vista I am by no lakes lol I think the closest one is by flagstaff and that's 5-6 hours away I think, I can't remember how long it took me last time :)

17. tristan4033

5 hours plus with traffic

18. cold blood

Parker Canyon Lake is that far?

Lol, I hope you realize I am just teasing you...hehe

Plastic food containers are a pain to ventilate, visibility isn't as good and the rigid tops are hard to smoothly remove...I tried them at one point, learn from my mistake...I'd just go with a deli cup.

19. tristan4033

I've never heard of Parker canyon lol I may got check it out sometime but these containers are crystal clear I'll try my best to find a link to em'

20. tristan4033