Arizona Bark Setup

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, I'm going to be getting 3 Arizona Bark scorpions about 1/2 inch in size in a few days, can you tell me how to set up the cage so I can keep them healthy?also are they communal?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Keep on the drier side, a vertical piece of bark or cork to rest on and that's about it. They can be kept communally with plenty of hiding spots and food.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
It might be best to raise them up until mature before trying a communal with them as they are susceptible to cannibalism at young instars
Make sure to mist 1 wall or side of their tank 1-2 per week because they do tend to need more moisture at young instars

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Adults can live together without any problems, but the young will definitely eat each other if there isn't tons of food in with them. I don't know how well that decoration will work for them, I'll be curious to see how they like it!

cvu524

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I'm going to be getting 3 Arizona Bark scorpions about 1/2 inch in size in a few days, can you tell me how to set up the cage so I can keep them healthy?also are they communal?
Yes they are communal. I had 13 in a 10 gallon tank with no issues and with 2 U-shaped log hideouts

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
i put them all in their own containers for now because i didnt want to risk the cannibalism but when they get older its nice to know that they will be able to fit into a 10 gallon together. Im not even sure what sexes they are yet they are so young

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
make sure they have vertically oriented bark to climb, hide, and molt in.

Gillian Pajor

Arachnosquire
make sure they have vertically oriented bark to climb, hide, and molt in.
I did they seems to be doing well. Out of the 3 only two of them like climbing while the third smaller one stays closer to the ground. I rarely seem him without his feet on the ground

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I did they seems to be doing well. Out of the 3 only two of them like climbing while the third smaller one stays closer to the ground. I rarely seem him without his feet on the ground
It'll change. It's not that they never go to the ground they just prefer to climb.