Are there no longer emperors?

GomezGsxr750

Arachnopeon
I used to have a couple emperor scorps and now getting back into the hobby the one beauty ive been trying to find seems to have went extinct does anyone know where to buy them or why there numbers seem to have dwindled down???

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Theres a few people offering them. This forum doesnt have the most active sellers. If u have a facebook account. Yoi can add me and i can direct you to the pages that people are.offering them.. your looking at about $50 - $100 per adult

GomezGsxr750

Arachnopeon
Theres a few people offering them. This forum doesnt have the most active sellers. If u have a facebook account. Yoi can add me and i can direct you to the pages that people are.offering them.. your looking at about $50 - $100 per adult
What about a baby? Was lookin to get 2 babies

sr20det510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There was an importation ban about four years ago. So the wild caught emperor availability dwindled and prices shot up.

I believe I read that emperors are once again being exported, so prices should hopefully drop soon.

Asian Forest Scorpions became the go to scorpion at pet shops. They are siimilar in size, and color, to emperors, so they seem to be pretty popular.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There was an importation ban about four years ago. So the wild caught emperor availability dwindled and prices shot up.

I believe I read that emperors are once again being exported, so prices should hopefully drop soon.

Asian Forest Scorpions became the go to scorpion at pet shops. They are siimilar in size, and color, to emperors, so they seem to be pretty popular.

I picked up 2 pair for $100.00 from a wholesaler I deal with. Not sure what they may go for retail, online or at expos. Just like before it looks like the females are gravid.

Daniel Edwards

Arachnoknight
They were available this past fall in limited numbers and pricier than usual. This new stock has seemed to have sold out with all distributors and wholesalers as far as i can see. Watch the forums for babies. Emperors are CITES protected so numbers are low to none with exports.