Are there any scavenger species (e.g. isopod) to help as a tank clean up crew for a desert enclosure

alexbwkim

Arachnopeon
I live in Australia and cannot get my hands on death faker beetles, and I am not sure where to get isopods. Are there any Australian species available to purchase near Sydney that will clean up the enclosure?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'd still look around for anything native that lives in a very dry area. There could be some isopods that you can easily get, or you may be able to find some nice tenebrionids that'll do the job for you. If you go with isopods, just make sure they have a very humid retreat and they should be good.

Creepy Crawling Guy

Arachnopeon
im wandering about this too ..

im planning to buy a 20 gallon wide tank and make it close to desert environment for my p.transvaalicus put some plant,cactus,rocks and mini tumble weeds

im wandering if i can put other animals or insect in the enclosure , where p.trans is the top of the food chain and scavenger as the bottom feeders(clean up crew) and other slow breeding insect for the prey

so if it thrive the only interferance i will be making is giving them water supply

alexbwkim

Arachnopeon
I'd still look around for anything native that lives in a very dry area. There could be some isopods that you can easily get, or you may be able to find some nice tenebrionids that'll do the job for you. If you go with isopods, just make sure they have a very humid retreat and they should be good.
Wow, I actually found a darkling beetle in my feeder cricket box. What luck!

Scorpnewbie77

Arachnopeon
Death feigning beetle is about it as far as I know though I'm not that experienced check the name lol.