1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are there any native T's in So. Oregon

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by XxAWoLxX, Jun 7, 2004.

1. XxAWoLxX

XxAWoLxX Arachnosquire Old Timer

Advertisement
    i was just wondering if anybody know's if there are native tarantulas in southern oregon and if so what are the names I reserched but came up with nothing....

2. Angelo

Angelo Arachnobaron Old Timer

eeehhh.....i doubt it. there are a few scattered species in california but i beleive thats as far north as they go. i think tarantulas native to california are a rarity itself. but then again, im not so sure.....

3. Immortal_sin

Immortal_sin Arachnotemptress Old Timer

I think the Bay area is the farthest north you can find them. I believe, but I might be wrong, that it's Aphonopelma califoricum (might be an invalid species name).
    You can't find any Ts in Oregon, unfortunately....

4. XxAWoLxX

XxAWoLxX Arachnosquire Old Timer

ok thanks for the INFO

5. RazorRipley

RazorRipley Arachnobaron Old Timer

Ts in Oregon

Nope,.... Sorry, too far north. Coolest spiders youll have up there are Argiopes, the yellow and black ones with the orb web in your garden.

6. Mikey_G.Rosea

Mikey_G.Rosea Arachnosquire Old Timer

Those ones are neat! I have only seen one of those and it was way neat! I cought it then let it go after a while! :D

7. HIKERGREGORY

HIKERGREGORY Arachnopeon

OREGON
    So I have read the other threads. I live on the central Oregon coast about 25 miles inland and just two weeks ago a tarantula went across my path. So makes me think there are some a little further north then being suggested. Just saying

8. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

I found a python in the woods of WI....doesnt mean there are pythons in WI.

No ts in Oregon unless someone lets one go there.

Now Sasquatch on the other hand....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1