Are there any insects that you still kill

CladeArthropoda

Arachnoknight
Unless it is directly attacking me, I don't kill them.

I think it's worth noting that out of 3000 species of mosquito, only 3 genera are actually dangerous (Ades, Cluex, Anopheles). No need to kill the others. Most mosquitoes don't bite people and many don't even need blood at all.

How could you not love this guy?
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-1ce91c4c309153de56efb9e5ef9c011a-c

Same for mites. They come in a variety of life styles, including detritivores, herbivores, predators, and parasites. Yet, for some reason, people tend to generalize them as all being parasites.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
In and around my home, Black Widows are killed on sight. Don't need to relocate or learn to coexist with them. They are a safety risk and I'm not interested in cramps fever fatigue nausea for a day or two after being bitten.Ants bees wasps deer flies mosquitoes and earwigs get killed as well.

LittleGremlin

Arachnopeon
Nope :) Although i did stay in the rainforest in Thailand back in 2015 and had to use mosquito spray in the room as it was like a hut with a gap between the roof, literally hundreds of the things flew in, i was a little away from the malaria risk zone but i wouldn't take chances. :bigtears:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I will kill defensive stinging wasps around the house, fire ants, biting mosquitos and biting horse flies.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I kill micropredators and parasites (mosquitoes, horseflies, ticks, etc.) I ought to feel bad, but I definitely don't. For pretty much everything else I have a highly pacifistic attitude, probably partly out of sheer contrarianism.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Mosquitoes, flies, wasps of they are in the house (never bees however!) and invasive ladybugs. Hate those bastards making our beautyful red ladybugs extinct :(

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Anything that mounts an unprovoked attack on me. Parasites and other bloodsuckers are usually killed, bees or other stinging/biting insects are cussed out.
For me, I feel that killing any lifeform is just cruel unless it's for the greater good, like my feeders. Bees and wasps if left alone, leave you alone IME anyway. Some people just freak out at the slightest hum from them, which sends me into telling them off "If you don't touch them, they won't touch you" (especially my partner), my kids bring home critters all the time, "look daddy look what we found" just like when I was a kid....great teaching tool.

keks

Arachnobaron
Fleas and ticks (are not insects, I know) on my cats and dog, and gnats in my flat.

Arachnid Hobby

Arachnosquire
I only kill human parasites, gnats, some mites, flies, ants, spider wasps and pest roaches. But I do sometimes kill others for taxadermy.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
Ticks, especially on my dog. Sometimes mosquitoes, but I find it gross if there's a splat of blood and bug guts on my skin:shifty: My sister almost died from Dengue fever plus I have a hyper immune system that makes my mosquito bites swell up, so our relationship isn't so great.

doodleBug

Arachnopeon
I will 100% kill brown recluse and black widows just because they are such a threat if I or my family are bitten. I also have a small parrot who will go after bugs and would die if he were to eat a more threatening spider! So far no interest in spiders, mostly fruit flies and very small flying things (this bird is only around 94g), but can't be too careful. I also have a reflex to slap mosquitoes :/ partially a tickle reflex partially trying to avoid my typical nasty allergic reaction. I will however move most things outside (spiders, ants, beetles, flies, etc) before my dog eats it. She's absolutely CONVINCED she is a hunter and will chase down flies and beetles and smash them with her shnozlle against the window and eat them. She's sooooo sure that the kibble in her dish is just not a food item :headshake: I will admit, there is a large huntsman spider in the highest corner of our living room window and we have affectionately named it Spidey. I will flick a flightless fruit fly or pinhead roach on her web once in a while and she is absolutely thrilled!! She does display threat posture if I mess too much getting a bug to stick though lolol

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
In and around my home, Black Widows are killed on sight. Don't need to relocate or learn to coexist with them. They are a safety risk and I'm not interested in cramps fever fatigue nausea for a day or two after being bitten.Ants bees wasps deer flies mosquitoes and earwigs get killed as well.
Earwigs? Why? They can't bite or pinch you hard enough to hurt. Unless it's a form I don't know of...

Here, wasps, biting flies (horsefly?) and mosquitoes get the newspaper treatment when in the house, anything else is relocated outside. At least, if I'm the one finding it before my husband.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I have problems with little moths. Their larvae literally eat my carpet. I vacuum as many of the little bar stewards I can but I still always miss some every year and get moths.

They're killed on sight and thrown into the various spider webs I have dotted about the house.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
In Spring there is earwigs by the hundreds getting into everything here. An annoyance more than anything.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
In Spring there is earwigs by the hundreds getting into everything here. An annoyance more than anything.
Ah, I understand. I don't like them at all because of an incident that involved a situation like that. I was like, nine years old and went to get a garden chair of a row of chairs, but when I pulled it off there were hundreds of em, wriggling and running everywhere, even on my legs...:eek:
But if I find just a few I throw them outside. Which I think is very brave and compassionate of me :D

user 666

Arachnobaron
Mosquitoes
Me too.

And I recently had to poison a hornet's nest after it had moved into my mother's backyard. I don't go out of my way to kill hornets but is nest had made it unsafe to use 4 bakyards/

CladeArthropoda

Arachnoknight
Though they can be a concern, the effect of black widow and brown recluse bites are over exaggerated a lot of the time.