Are there any alternatives for crickets and roaches?

lanzaey

Arachnopeon
Hey all. So I caught a scorpion in the wild which I believe to be the black asian forest scorpion variety. I have set up a terrarium to the best of my resources for him/her (I don't know yet) but I can't for the life of me find any pet supplies store that sells crickets or roaches. I haven't fed him since I caught him 2 days ago and I was hoping that someone can tell me a good alternative. Thanks!

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
U can breed super worms or meal worms very easily. Probably not that applicable to someone keeping 1 scorpion but it would ensure that u have food available even when the pet store doesn’t.

lanzaey

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies. My local pet stores do have superworms available but I've read somewhere in this forum that those are fatty and should mostly be used as treats. Is it okay to make it a staple?

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the replies. My local pet stores do have superworms available but I've read somewhere in this forum that those are fatty and should mostly be used as treats. Is it okay to make it a staple?
Anybody that tells you one bug is better than another for an invert has no idea. Because science has almost no idea.