Are the vents enough?

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
So i ordered some customized enclosure online and got a 3"x3"x9"(LxWxH),but im not sure if the vents would be enough for an avic,specifically an A.metallica.

I ordered 2 of this,i am currently using the other one for my P.metallica,no issues so far.im Planning not to do any misting for both since the backgrounds are natural and it'll probably get moldy if i do.

What do you guys think,will it be appropriate,particularly the vent holes, for a juvie A.metallica?

P.S. thats the steel mesh on the top of the enclosure

Attachments

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
That is plenty of ventilation, Imho the top screen vent is almost overkill. The enclosure looks great.

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Even for an avic?which i hear is very sensitive with vents,so im just making sure.

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
Yes that is plenty of venting for avics. Remember that ventilation is also dependent on the air circulation in the room.

We can always page the Grand Avic Master @viper69 and see what his view is

Here is what I keep my avics in, probably overkill on ventilation as well.
20170702_132411.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Those are not wide enough IMO, only good enough for small Ts. What size were you planning on putting in there.

Also in the wild Poki's live in trees inside deep holes within the tree. The above setups would be better if they were wider and had a cork round in them. The back walls are visually appealing though.

Too small unless your T is like 2-3". Personally I wouldn't put a 3" Poki in those at all.

Venting is fine.

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Planning to put around 2" Ts in there,and maybe keep it there until 3.5"-4".

I asked specifically for the size,i'd figured that with 1:3 width to height ratio,it'll be good for an arboreal.guess i estimated wrong then.but im still at dedicated to use 'em.since the pokie(2.5") is doing fine in it

And thanks for the input!!

P.S. the enclosure for the pokie had a cork hide.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
So i ordered some customized enclosure online and got a 3"x3"x9"(LxWxH),but im not sure if the vents would be enough for an avic,specifically an A.metallica.

I ordered 2 of this,i am currently using the other one for my P.metallica,no issues so far.im Planning not to do any misting for both since the backgrounds are natural and it'll probably get moldy if i do.

What do you guys think,will it be appropriate,particularly the vent holes, for a juvie A.metallica?

P.S. thats the steel mesh on the top of the enclosure
Your enclosures look great, I like the backdrop especially. All that's needed for an Avic is dry substrate with a water dish, and that's it. For your Pokie just overflow the water dish weekly, simple, there's so much conflicting care for Avics especially, when all that's needed is a water dish and dry substrate, enjoy - their great species.

Last edited: