are p. silvestrii communal?

squidkid

Arachnoknight
just found 3 p. silvestrii's on a hike. would it be a bad idea to keep them communaly? if not what size enclosure would you recommend? sub?

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Very not communal. Paruroctonus are normally pretty aggressive towards each other

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
paruroctonus and smeringerus are so intensely cannibalistic and aggressive in predation that they tend to wipe out all other scorpion genera in their area save for larger species that can easily subdue them. thats why all you see at dunes around riverside and imperial are mesaensis with the occasional hadrurus.

there are only a small handful of communal-friendly vaejovidae. most of them are in serradigitus or paravaejovis, though it's likely kovarikia are communal since they all basically share the same crevices in their habitat

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Paravaejovis is not communal
There are several species within the genus that are known for communal behavior in the wild- spinigerus, carolinianus, vorhiesi are notable examples. however that said, there ARE member of the genus that dont get along well- puritanus, confusus and waeringi will fight.

squidkid

Arachnoknight
interesting, i've found 2 anuroctonus pococki and a paruroctonus silvestrii under the same log

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
There are several species within the genus that are known for communal behavior in the wild- spinigerus, carolinianus, vorhiesi are notable examples. however that said, there ARE member of the genus that dont get along well- puritanus, confusus and waeringi will fight.
I wouldn't keep my spinigerus together. And carolinians and vorhiesi are both Vaejovis, not Paravaejovis (yes they are communal)