1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archispirostreptus gigas for sale?

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by archaeopteryx7, Aug 12, 2019 at 3:01 PM.

1. Advertisement
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone on the forum is or knows of breeders of Archispirostreptus gigas (Giant African Millipede) that have any for sale. Looking for my first large millipede!
    To be honest, I had/have a fear of myriapods (which does not help when you’re a zoologist and had to sit through lectures about them in college). I have a phobia of centipedes but it makes no sense to be afraid of millipedes. I had to get over that fear when my husband rescued an injured, small North American millipede off the floor of his work and he brought it home (it’s still alive a year later but is very small so I would be afraid of hurting it by handling it). I helped him get over some of his fear of spiders since I keep tarantulas, so I thought keeping a nice large millipede that I can handle would help me.
    Thank you!

2. Arthroverts

Arthroverts Arachnobaron Active Member

@mickiem breeds this species, along with many others. I can't think of any others off the top of my head that are in the US.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

3. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoking Active Member

CT
  4. Wesley Smith

Wesley Smith Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

Isopodapagoda on Instagram has them I think. He’s a good US breeder of mostly isopods but I’m 99% sure he’s been breeding A. Gigas as well.

5. Thank you for all of the replies! I’ll check them out.