Arboreal Sling Enclosure

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
Hi, All - I decided to try an arboreal species. Hoping to acquire a C. Versicolor sling soon. How does this enclosure look? I made sure to add dry substrate and anchor points. Is there anything else I should do? Also, is there a good way to remove smudge from a hot glue gun that won't scratch the acrylic or leave a residue?

Attachments

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
Hi, All - I decided to try an arboreal species. Hoping to acquire a C. Versicolor sling soon. How does this enclosure look? I made sure to add dry substrate and anchor points. Is there anything else I should do? Also, is there a good way to remove smudge from a hot glue gun that won't scratch the acrylic or leave a residue?
I think it’s looks pretty awesome! I just built one for a Versi a few weeks ago that’s very similar. Also, I got my Versi from @MobBurrow. He might have more.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks good, I don't permanently mount cork in my acrylic boxes anymore. It's a pain to clean if done that way.

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
I think it’s looks pretty awesome! I just built one for a Versi a few weeks ago that’s very similar. Also, I got my Versi from @MobBurrow. He might have more.
Thank you! Ironically, I made a purchase from him and afterwards I found your thread—which helped me figure out my setup. I bet our slings are eggcase mates. Thank you for the inspiration! My little guy is happily webbing up a storm now. :D

Looks good, I don't permanently mount cork in my acrylic boxes anymore. It's a pain to clean if done that way.
Yes! Next time I will do that. Usually I'm better at hot-gluing things, but that tiny ledge in the corner was a pain. Luckily, most of it rubbed right off.

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
and afterwards I found your thread—which helped me figure out my setup.
Cool! Making that Versi habitat inspired me to make a better one for my GBB. Got a fresh habitat en route. I’m planning it out on paper first, then gonna see what I can do.

And yeah, I bet our Versi’s are sling mates!

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
I had
Cool! Making that Versi habitat inspired me to make a better one for my GBB. Got a fresh habitat en route. I’m planning it out on paper first, then gonna see what I can do.

And yeah, I bet our Versi’s are sling mates!
Part of what helped me decide to try one of these guys was redoing my GBB enclosure. It is so fun creating the habitats for these little colorful climbers. I look forward to when they are big enough for their adult enclosures. I'd love to try real plants.