Arboreal setups

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im thinking of getting a pink toe, can u show us a few of your setups, so i can get an idea, thank you

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
must be quite hard to keep flies and mold out with all that moisture

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Zorack said:
must be quite hard to keep flies and mold out with all that moisture
Honestly, I've never had a problem with flies or mold. Every few weeks I have to wipe the spider poop off the sides of the glass, but that is the only hastle I have with this setup.

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i used to have alot of problems with flies, when filling up my water bowl, even if it slightly over fil, the flies would come

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
Zorack said:
i used to have alot of problems with flies, when filling up my water bowl, even if it slightly over fil, the flies would come
I used to have a similar problem with mites in my burrowing species' terrariums, so now I never overfill the water dishes.

But it has never been a problem with the arborals.

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Red Queen said:
I used to have a similar problem with mites in my burrowing species' terrariums, so now I never overfill the water dishes.

But it has never been a problem with the arborals.

Its my P murinus i "havent" had a problem with yet, i just hope it never gets mites, i dont wanna be to close to her, its temper is extremely bad

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
This is what most of my aborial setups basically look like; it's just cork bark, fake plants, a 2.5 gallon tank on it's side (with packing tape partially on the lid to restrict ventilation), and a plexiglass piece to hold the substrate in. I also provide a water dish to all.

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is a fantastic setup Red Queen. Have you noticed any signs of agression or possible canabalism? Any interesting reports on how they react to eachother? Thanks for sharing btw.

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
ShaunHolder said:
That is a fantastic setup Red Queen. Have you noticed any signs of agression or possible canabalism? Any interesting reports on how they react to eachother? Thanks for sharing btw.
I only problem I had was when a male approached one of my females who was getting ready to lay eggs. She bit him and he died a few days later. Other than that I haven't had any problems in this setup with aggression or cannibalism. The larger pink toes usually stay on the side of the glass, and the smaller ones hide in the leaves. But I try to keep a close eye on them... I do a head count every day to make sure everyone is behaving, and if a female looks like she is getting ready to lay eggs I separate her from the others.

Scylla

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hope the pic came through

I use a small desk top aquarium for my A. versicolor. I melted holes all around the top, put some potting soil and a fake plant, and used plastic craft mesh cut to fit the top. My little versi is growing like a weed in there!