Arboreal enclosures

DadsGlasses

Arachnosquire
IMG_9283.JPG I've got two new tarantulas and some cork bark that will be shipping to me for delivery on Tuesday. I started working on two enclosures today. I am planning to use eco earth and sphagum moss for substrate.

I added large "feeding holes" to the tops of the enclosures and stopped them with rubber stoppers. My hope is that I will be able to feed them without too much disturbance.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I stay away from stoppers, I'm always concerned the T will push it out, chew on it and such.

Good setup so far.

DadsGlasses

Arachnosquire
I stay away from stoppers, I'm always concerned the T will push it out, chew on it and such.

Good setup so far.

Hmmm..... maybe I could do a small square of acrylic with a handle on it and use magnets to hold it in place when not feeding.

I'll play around a little with it today. Thanks.

Pics to follow if I make a change.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some magnets are strong enough to resist a T, no doubt. Some are not..... Rolling the dice! You must be a high roller in Vegas!!! ;)

As you drilled the hole already, I would use a hasp or hinge and lock it down from the outside.

DadsGlasses

Arachnosquire
Some magnets are strong enough to resist a T, no doubt. Some are not..... Rolling the dice! You must be a high roller in Vegas!!! ;)

As you drilled the hole already, I would use a hasp or hinge and lock it down from the outside.

I actually changed out the original magnet that I tried for a much stronger one. The entire enclosure can now be carried by the handle. My attempt to buy local is maxed out at this point. I may have to order some hinges and hasps if I decide to change to that style.