Arboreal enclosure size query

Kelly1972

Arachnopeon
Hi guys.
Up to now I only have terrestrial species but would like to have an A. Versicolor and a P. Metallica adult. I want to make sure I buy the right sized set up though. Could you please advise me on the best size? I'm getting a lot of conflicting advice. Some say 6x6x12" and others say at least 18" high. I have already tried to search through previous discussions but not finding what I'm looking for.
Can anyone help?

Jaxxfunk

Arachnopeon
6x6x12 is surely too small for an adult.

I will be using 12x12x18 when my arboreals are adults

Kelly1972

Arachnopeon
Thank you. I think I'll be doing the same. Pricey for acrylic enclosures in the UK though.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi guys.
Up to now I only have terrestrial species but would like to have an A. Versicolor and a P. Metallica adult. I want to make sure I buy the right sized set up though. Could you please advise me on the best size? I'm getting a lot of conflicting advice. Some say 6x6x12" and others say at least 18" high. I have already tried to search through previous discussions but not finding what I'm looking for.
Can anyone help?
I HOPE you have owned some fast moving arboreals, like Psalmos or Taps, to get used to dealing with an adult Poki! An OW terrestrial doesn't prepare you for the nimble speed in 3 dimensions.

6x6x12 def. too small in my opinion, but I know people who do it for A. versicolor, you want your T to thrive not survive.

Kelly1972

Arachnopeon
Hi.
I'll be getting the 12x12x18 size. I have two OBT'S. Also have a Chilobrachys Huahini and that's like lightening, but a terrestrial. Have looked after my friend's P. Metallica too. I'm confident I'm ready. I'm quite responsible. Thanks for the concern for the species though