Arboreal Enclosure , I have found these lamps really cheap at Walmart and Big Lots. They seem to make good enclosures. This is the first I have built.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
What species do you want to keep in there? I don't see any ventilation, so, it would be a bad idea to keep any arboreal Ts in there (well, any T for that matter).

I did one of those lantern enclosures myself. I replaced the glass with acrylic sheets with loads of drilled holes for ventilation on three sides and the top:

20181015_lantern.jpg

82 Carnage OBT

Arachnopeon
I planned on keeping an avicularia Pink toe in it. I have holes drilled on all 4 sides of the top of you look close, and there is actually a 1/8 inch gap all the way around the door. I figured that would have been plenty of ventilation. I really like your idea about putting plexiglass on either side with vent holes in it , though I did not think about that, but that is a great idea ! Glad I'm not the first to think to use the lantern enclosure

cold blood

Staff member
I planned on keeping an avicularia Pink toe in it. I have holes drilled on all 4 sides of the top of you look close, and there is actually a 1/8 inch gap all the way around the door. I figured that would have been plenty of ventilation. I really like your idea about putting plexiglass on either side with vent holes in it , though I did not think about that, but that is a great idea ! Glad I'm not the first to think to use the lantern enclosure
Its not...top only venting does virtually nothing to promote air movement....If you could put at least a few holes or a strip near the bottom it would solve the problem. I wouldnt dare put an avic in there otherwise.

82 Carnage OBT

Arachnopeon
I know that they need cross ventilation. But my Ts in my glass tanks with only top screen vents seem to do fine. I think I'm just gonna try to find some nice plastic tubs soon to put them all in so that I can actually do this hobby easier and cheaper. Really simple to just use a soldering iron to make the holes. Made a small juvinile enclosure earlier with the method you speak of. I've been Kind of just messing around with ideas right now IMG_20200218_021002.jpg IMG_20200218_020622.jpg IMG_20200218_020634.jpg

I was for sure with the holes all the way around the top, and this 1/8 inch gap all the way around the front that my finger is pointing at, thatwould be good air flow, but I could be wrong.
IMG_20200218_021238.jpg