Arana Polita - Chicken Spider Diary

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
It took me two days to read this entire thread (granted I have a four year old son and a demanding job) and I'm blown away by the amount of time and energy, not to mention money, that this project has taken. I'm interested in pamphobeteus in general and have yet to find one that I don't adore. I hope to hear more about these in the future and will be keeping my eyes open for more posts on this thread.
very impressive Genus, I wish it was more common. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sana

Arachnoprince
It's my hope in the long run to make them more common in the US. I'm slowly trying to put together a breeding project targeted at this genus. I expect it to take the next several years to put together as I'm much newer to the hobby than the breeders that I am aware of and I am putting a lot of research into both the genus and breeding them specifically more I make the attempt. Not to mention that I need my juveniles to mature and there's no rushing that. Anyone who can list sources of information on pamphos would be greatly appreciated though I know in the end the best knowledge I'll ever get will be experience.

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
Any updates? Just had a read through the thread and lots of interesting information!

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
Wow

Okay, now my eyes are killing me. Read the WHOLE thread. Every post. This had been one of the most entertaining and educational threads I've seen here. Thank you so much for all the hard work you've been doing. Really a great read.
Hahaha, it’s 2021 now with 21 different pages and you’re dying, haha

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
According to the OP. The Tarantulas have been observed living communally in the wild.
@viper69 do you know anything on this?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
According to the OP. The Tarantulas have been observed living communally in the wild.
@viper69 do you know anything on this?
On what specifically? This thread is 21 pages. I haven't seen Abraxxas in years here unfortunately.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
On what specifically? This thread is 21 pages. I haven't seen Abraxxas in years here unfortunately.
The OP found multiple specimen living in the same burrows as they were collected in the field. Was there any other investigation that you know of? I haven’t seen anything else about them, has there been any reports of this species living communal?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The OP found multiple specimen living in the same burrows as they were collected in the field. Was there any other investigation that you know of? I haven’t seen anything else about them, has there been any reports of this species living communal?
Were the specimens related? This type of thing has been reported. I c/p'd pasted what my expert friend told me in the balfouri post. S/he watched Jumbie's video as well. In short I don't know, and my friend told me there are no Ts observed in the wild living communally.

Also, while everyone is yapping about communally, not a soul has defined the word beyond "throwing a bunch in there that won't eat each other". That's basically what every person comes to ask. They call it communal- not necessarily at all.