Arachnid Travel (Future Group Travel)

atraxrobustus

Arachnoknight
This is an idea I always had, but for Africa only. And for Africa, I mean where there's wars, civil wars, Jihadists, diseases of all kinds, badass and corrupted army/police etc the like of those, not drinking a beer, after a quiet morning trip, on Luanda shore, uh :angelic:

Nonetheless, in those nations there's the 'Baboons' we seek to discover (well, if diamonds or coltan jumps out for pure coincidence, why not?).

What I have in mind is literally venturing (without absurdities such embassy or other annoying stuff etc) into warzones where there's no rules, something between 'The Dogs of War' movie and French Bob Denard :cigar:

We can do this? - for the sake of spiders, obviously - :)
With that mentality, I'm surprised you haven't been bitten several times over. It appears you have no respect for anything that can kill you, much less respect for those things that would rather be left be. To actually WANT to travel into a war zone is to carelessly play with Atrax robustus, not comprehending the nature of what it will do to you. I'd hate to be you, as you're eventually going to find yourself in a place you don't want to be.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
With that mentality, I'm surprised you haven't been bitten several times over. It appears you have no respect for anything that can kill you, much less respect for those things that would rather be left be. To actually WANT to travel into a war zone is to carelessly play with Atrax robustus, not comprehending the nature of what it will do to you. I'd hate to be you, as you're eventually going to find yourself in a place you don't want to be.
Well, I have a kinda 'Mercenario di Lucera' mentality/spirit... what can I do? :angelic:

This has nothing to do, however, with my views about handling or how I behave around T's (and other venomous inverts, for that matter).

Besides, a lot of African nations are (for a reason or another) more similar to a "war zone" or else than we can imagine. Notably, I bet everything i have that in those nations there's "new" 'Baboon' spiders to discover, unless we want to believe that what 'we have' now available in the market is the complete list :)

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
@Chris LXXIX I know you are joking but come on, dear. Africa is freaking huge. Some parts of it are full of unrest and some are quite peaceful. I lived there for years and the scariest things that happened were 1. Ghost stories 2. getting malaria and 3. police trying to get bribes when they thought I was a tourist (I had some methods that worked well for dealing with that and it was fine). And I was a very young white lady. I did fine, no dangers other than what I mentioned. I didn't ever see Ts though. Scorpions, yes. And I was not where OBTs are from. Sorry, Chris.

There are some tours of the ruins in Central America and the guides sometimes pull tarantulas out of their hides to show tourists. Probably not so nice for the tarantula, but I thought it was interesting when I saw that. I imagine there can be some to learn from local tour guides.

It's kind of fun to imagine an Arachnoboards field trip. Lol. I'll make sure to pack extra water and snacks.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
International travel wouldn't be foreseeable to me, but domestic travel would certain pique my interest. Perhaps as extra incentive, you could expand the tour to involve various other inverts as well. Then not only would the tours appeal to a larger audience, but the tour wouldn't be considered a total loss if for whatever reason, you're unable to locate any Ts during a trip

jaycied

Arachnoknight
I've also commented on your facebook post about this. Absolutely yes. I would find the money somewhere.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good news.

The proposal has passed.
"Wild Tours" is a go.

Our first tour will be Costa Rica. La fortuna or Monteverde will more than likely be the location. Still undecided however.
March 2019
It will be 7 days and include an abundance of things, such as natural arachnid/insect/Reptile viewing and observation, localized Costa Rican Tours, meal plans, transfers, hotel stay, armed guides for expeditions (wildlife safely precaution measure), etc.
Just wait until you see which hotel we are using!

A Facebook page will be made within the next few months, showing everything.
I just wanted to thank everyone for your support in this. Let the hunting begin!

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the next few weeks, the trip will be announced.
The priced itinerary, website, and full itinerary will be released.
I am just bumping this thread to give everyone a heads up.

These tours will be open world wide.
The air will NOT be included. However, we can book it for you.

The main hotel will not hold enough space for the group that will be on this. Many are already on the list.
So, the Hidden Canopy Hotel, will be taken out of the itinerary.

Here is a look at the first trip though.

March 7 - SAN JOSE
Arrival in San Jose where our driver will be waiting for the group to transport them to Hotel Wyndham Herradura; http://www.costaricabureau.com/hotels/herradura.htm conveniently located 10 minutes from the airport. Depending on the time of arrival tonight we can offer dinner with typical folkloric show at Ram Luna with an awesome view of the valley below; https://www.rainforesttours.com/store/p2/Dinner-Show_Tour.html (D)

March 8 – SAN JOSE / MONTEVERDE
AM meeting with Martin Lees in conference room. AM pick up. Expedition in Monteverde - lunch included. Led by Martin. Accommodations Hidden Canopy Tree House (B, L)

March 9 – MONTEVERDE
Rainforest/waterfall tour, wildlife (frogs, butterflies, invertebrates) – 6-8 hour tour. Overnite Hidden Canopy (B)

March 10 – MONTEVERDE
AM pick up. Expedition in Monteverde - lunch included. Led by Martin(B, L)

March 11 - MONTEVERDE
Optional tour (undecided) Tour which incorporates star gazing/astronomy (B)

March 12 – MONTEVERDE
AM pick up. Expedition in Monteverde - lunch included. Led by Martin. Farewell dinner this evening(B L D)

March 13 - MONTEVERDE / RETURN HOME
Morning breakfast in conference room then transfer to San Jose airport for return flight home (B)

Package includes:

Airport transfer
7 nights accommodations
All applicable hotel and tour taxes
6 days transportation with 27 pax bus and private driver
All meals where indicated (B) breakfast every day, (L) 3 lunches, (D) 2 dinners
Entrances to Monteverde Reserve
Tours indicated

Price does not include:

A) Airport departure tax ($29.00 U.S.)
B) personal expenses like liquor, laundry, phone calls, etc.
C) tips for drivers and/or guides
D) International airfare

Keep your eyes pealed! This will be a trip of a life time!!!