Appropriate Enclosure Size for New Ts?

Roachesintheivy

Arachnopeon
I recently purchased some sterilite totes with locking lids with the intention of using them as tarantula enclosures. I'm hoping they're fine, but I just want to make sure. I have yet to get my first (or first couple) Ts, but as I'm a beginner, these would probably be used for-
- B. Albo
- G. Pulchra
- B. Smithi
- G. Pulchripes
- G. Porteri/Rosea
- B. Vagans
- Arizona Blonde

I understand each T species will have different (even if similar) needs, but I'm also curious about how much substrate I should put in these as well. I was thinking about up to that line, probably lower.

Thoughts?

Edits:
I plan on drilling some vent holes, don't worry! And the background cat in image 2 is my cat, Ross. He's a sweetie.

Attachments

Last edited:

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
As all of these tarantulas are species that live on the ground/burrow, I´d recommend that you fill it up to the line, but on one side of the box you raise the substrate up to near the top.
Make a small starter-burrow into this "hill" and that should be fine for all of these spiders.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
These will work. Some people give their Ts a lot of sub to burrow in, some don't. My AF pulchripes has only wanted to burrow once or twice in her lifetime from my observations. my AF Albo is happy w/her cork hide, same with AF smithi.

Also, a small starter burrow may or may not be used by a T.