Genus Aphonopelma

TJE83

Arachnopeon
IMG_20180121_122210.jpg IMG_20180121_122257.jpg This is one of three A.seemanni I bought at the Repticon this past weekend. DLS is over 5.5". They are bulky. I tried to vent sex, couldn't get any good pics..but everything looks like they are females. Also, I think males would have hooked out before reaching this size..?
I got an amazing deal for the three, ( less than you would pay for two slings not including shipping!) IMG_20180121_122426.jpg IMG_20180121_122414.jpg
I should add that I took these pics when I got home from the expo, they came cramped into 16oz deli cups..I rehoused them into appropriately sized tubs with deep deep sub. And I should add that I got that great deal after spending some bank on six P.irminia and also a bunch of H.mac slings..

Last edited:

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
How is her experiment? I’m reading mixed things about them being either chill or terrors. I love their colors and that they are relatively slow-moving. I’m seriously contemplating getting one of these beauties!
I don’t think anyone would call A. chalcodes terrors! The variance that I have seen and heard of in this species is between being calm and skittish. Might you be thinking of A. moderatum? I have read that they can be quite defensive but have not observed this myself.