Aphonopelma moderatum size?

Hercules Hernandez

Arachnosquire
I’m looking to find out the general size of MF Aphonopelma moderatum. I have 5 specimens, one of which is mine, 3 of them are sold, and one is being traded with a friend. I understand they can teach from 3-5.5” in length. I have rulers, and though I do use them to measure my ts, I find it much easier and convenient to compare them to universally-sized objects, ex: quarter, dollar bill, etc... Some people will measure the leg-span of a tarantula while it’s legs are tucked in, and others will measure the same spider and measure it with its legs spread out and say that that size is its full body length.

Can you, if possible, post pics of your MF A. moderatum next to a universally sized object like a quarter or something? Thanks in advance!

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Full disclosure:

I don't own one. The caresheets and so on put the adult female size at 4 to 5 inches but abuse that it's very slow growing.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they will breed at 2.5" or safely said 3" KL (euro guys use that mean body length)
most people overfeed their ts,
so the body size is off, ive collected mod in south texas two consec years
yes WC are hungry and do well in captivity but no matter what IMO, and i am not saying over feed is bad blah, carapace should equal to abdomen size (plump but same size)