Aphonopelma Chalcodes looks smaller after molt. Lol!

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey all! Just a funny occurrence and a follow up question. I just had one of my seven Aphonopelma Chalcodes slings molt and oddly enough it looks smaller after the molt? Went from a tiny sling to a light colored tiny sling. Ha!

I’ve never kept this species before so I’m wonder for those of you that have, what is the growth rate? Are they fast growers or do they take long strides between molts? Thanks in advance!

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Hey all! Just a funny occurrence and a follow up question. I just had one of my seven Aphonopelma Chalcodes slings molt and oddly enough it looks smaller after the molt? Went from a tiny sling to a light colored tiny sling. Ha!

I’ve never kept this species before so I’m wonder for those of you that have, what is the growth rate? Are they fast growers or do they take long strides between molts? Thanks in advance!
Slings of NA Aphonopelma-s are anything but fast growing, AFAIK they can compete with mountain Grammostola-s for title of the slowest grower.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
A. chalcodes is a notoriously slow grower. They grow pretty much at a glacial pace. Also when spiders moult, their abdomens come out looking smaller at first until they bulk up with a couple of meals.