1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apex Predators

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by GatorWrestler303, Mar 18, 2017.

1. GatorWrestler303

GatorWrestler303 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Anyone else work with any of the big guys? I like working with the furry ones but still prefer my gators and crocs.

Attached Files:

2. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoangel Active Member

I don't but that's awesome!

3. GatorWrestler303

Yea thanks I've been working with gators for over a decade but big cats and bear only about 2 years. I have a way harder time reading the fuzzy ones.

• Like Like x 1
  4. darkness975

darkness975 Dream Reaper Arachnosupporter

Because there is more going on upstairs so you have to account for their varying temperaments while gators are overall more instinct driven and thus more predictable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorWrestler303

It's more I've seen tigers being sweet to each other and a split second later one is leaking blood. Bears are cool Grizzlys are my fav but black bears can be nuts. With gators and crocs I can read body language way better and know what the majority are going to do. Gators and crocs are super smart and learn well they just don't tend to snap like the mammals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. darkness975

Not to mention they have to conserve their energy for use in those powerful bursts and what not. Also, don't they have some type of chemical that builds up when they are under extreme stress that could be fatal or is that one of those old wives tales? I never really knew for sure.

Either way, long live the gators! ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  7. GatorWrestler303

The 2 big boys behind me would chuff and want attention when I was in the gator pen. I miss them.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. GatorWrestler303

Yea bro they can get a lactic acid build up. That's why we never work them to exhaustion like some others do because it can kill them. We like to quick catch when we can to avoid them getting injured or dying from it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. darkness975

I thought so. Good stuff glad to see you guys care about the work and the animals!

• Like Like x 1