1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Anyone with troubles using the search function?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by Rowdy Hotel, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Rowdy Hotel

Rowdy Hotel Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I've tried to find information on certain species and pictures but always get "no results", even when searching for common words or species in "all forums".

2. Rowdy Hotel

I can't seem to be able to search for anything. I was attempting to view some of my older posts but am unable to do so. Has any older content been lost with the website upgrades or is this a privilege I'm not privy to?

3. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

Sometimes search works fine, and other times, the same query yields "No results found." (Right now search is not generating any results.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

should be fixed now. search table in the database crashed and we had to rebuild it, hence the downtime. takes time to re-index everything on a board the size of AB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
    • Award Award x 1
  5. The Snark

The Snark Extremely jaded cynical yet optomistic Old Timer

A thank you to the oft unsung hero of AB is in order.

6. Rowdy Hotel

That's great, thanks!

7. The Snark

The Snark Extremely jaded cynical yet optomistic Old Timer

Excuse me @MrDeranged Traceroute is agreeing with me that I'm getting some weird lag? Did all the bolts get tightened securely? Or did Singapore spill sticky liquids in the relays again?

8. I have had horrible lag on AB the last few days, today it's more intermittent. Right now it's slow but more bearable -- hoping it will continue improving.
    (All other sites I visit are fast as usual).

9. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoprince Active Member

I have been having the same issue. I confirmed it was not on my end by doing a speed test.