Anyone Know Why My Grammostola Pulchra Is Losing Hair? (NOT from kicking...)

Viking Warrior

Arachnopeon
Sometimes they'll deliberately lay down hairs, by dislodging them gently enough that there isn't a giant cloud of setae in the air. They do this to line the silk around their hide to protect it from "predators". But in the end, they're still using their feet to remove the "hair" from their abdomens, so it's still a form of kicking.
Thanks for the info. That's good to know. I thought they only did it when they were trying to deter a predator or something. Thanks for the reply.

Viking Warrior

Arachnopeon
Are you saying you constantly record your T 24/7, and watch the entire video all the time? Because if that's not true, then you cannot possibly say 'not' from kicking etc etc...That's like saying you never see a T drink.
True, I should have worded my post differently, like "Do Grammostola Pulchras ever lose hair for any other reason other than kicking hairs when they're disturbed" or something like that, but that seemed a bit too long...
I do observe her for about 18 hours a day though, every day, as she sits on my desk in full view of me, while I work from home all week, or watch movies on my laptop in the evenings. I get to observe her any time she even moves, which is always fun to see. Since I have owned her, I had never seen her kick a hair, but I have seen her drink from her water dish several times :) Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know they do it for other reasons, while I'm asleep apparently.

Viking Warrior

Arachnopeon
That has been kicking, they don't always do it when you're watching.

I've never personally seen my P. antinous, M. mesomelas, or C. cyaneopubescens kick hairs but they all have bald patches.
Apparently so. I didn't know they kicked hairs unless they thought they were being attacked or whatever. All I know is that I had never seen her do it, and I have her enclosure on my desk, where I can see her as I work from home. Then I usually watch movies, or do research on my laptop until I go to sleep... So basically from 7am to midnight when I go to sleep she's under surveillance lol. I'm just glad to know it's normal. Thanks for the reply.

Viking Warrior

Arachnopeon
Sometimes they'll deliberately lay down hairs, by dislodging them gently enough that there isn't a giant cloud of setae in the air. They do this to line the silk around their hide to protect it from "predators". But in the end, they're still using their feet to remove the "hair" from their abdomens, so it's still a form of kicking.
That's good to know. Thank you! I was worried something was wrong, since I observe her a LOT, and had never seen her kick hairs. Thank you for the reply.